Rugby Union

kiwififer

27 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Saracens new chief executive has said they need to shed players this season to get under the cap. It's hard to imagine many players will be up for taking a wage cut though.

The SRU should be trying to get Maitland to Glasgow to play full back. 

Make Alex Goode an offer. He never gets picked for England so would be available in International windows.

Toony to take Scotland to a training camp in Spain before the 6N. They'll travel direct from Spain to Dublin for the 1st game. This is just after a shake-up of his coaching staff just before Xmas. After last year's poor 6N then poor WC, I wonder if Toony's been told from the top he needs to have a good 6N? Wouldn't surprise me...

Toony to take Scotland to a training camp in Spain before the 6N. They'll travel direct from Spain to Dublin for the 1st game. This is just after a shake-up of his coaching staff just before Xmas. After last year's poor 6N then poor WC, I wonder if Toony's been told from the top he needs to have a good 6N? Wouldn't surprise me...

I would have hoped so. I’ve never seen a team so lacking in pragmatic nous.

We had a good run then we lost at home in a tight game vs SA. The heads seemed to have dropped since then. 

I think what also needs to improve is 6N away performances. Getting gubbed at every away venue bar Rome is poor, then losing heavily in Nice in the WC warm-up then coaches claiming that they never got the players up for the game is concerning. 

I also thought that Laidlaw had another 6N campaign in him. I wonder if he was "assisted" on his decision after the poor WC?

I would have hoped so. I’ve never seen a team so lacking in pragmatic nous.
I'd imagine if a bad 6 nations transpires he is gone. Would like to see cockerill take over as he would sort out our softness up front. Toony is lucky to be getting this chance due to the WC performance. The first match in WC against a pretty poor Ireland team showed his lack of top level managerial quality. It was a fucking disgrace

Just now, ddfg said:
3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:
There should be two cards here - the Exeter player punches Hastings in the face, then Gibbins leads with the elbow

Didn't seem interested in the punch

That was bizarre. Hastings spotted it, but the rest of them waved it away. It was an upward motion of the arm into the face of a falling player. It wasn't a grab or a bind.

Gibbins is lucky though, I don't think he was trying to hit the guy on the ground, but he did.