Rugby Union

kiwififer

Different game to Leinster last Sat night. Niko butchering an easy try, Horne missing a penalty in front of the posts and giving them an easy 1st try killed us. Should have won.

Yesterday we arguably should have lost. Chasing a game by 10 points doesn't help then DTH gave them a gift. Gibbins's try on h/t changed things. Some outstanding runs in the 2nd half for the 2 tries. However we gave penalties after each try then simply getting the ball out the scrum at f/t was too good to be true.  Huge win and great effort but if the discipline was better I doubt it might not have been as tight. 

We need 5 points next Sat. I fancy ROG to bring a 2nd team though.

Edited by come on shire

Is it just 1 team that goes through from each group?
Top goes through then the 3 best runners up out the 5 2nd place teams
Warriors made it through into the quarter finals last season with 19 points. They need to win at least 2 more games and probably need to pick up a couple of bonus points too. Can only hope that for starters La Rochelle think they have no chance and send a reserve team next week.

Exeter clung on for a 22-20 win at Sale yesterday, they started really well and Hogg scored a try and set one up before going off with a head knock, failed the HIA, and didn't return. It means Sale need to win at Exeter next week to have any chance of going through.

21 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Warriors made it through into the quarter finals last season with 19 points. They need to win at least 2 more games and probably need to pick up a couple of bonus points too. Can only hope that for starters La Rochelle think they have no chance and send a reserve team next week.

The problem is that they'll do the same for all their remaining games, no real help to us.

The perfect scenario for us would be as follows

Next week La Rochelle have already flung in the towel as they cant qualify, and send over the reserves and we pick up hte 5 points and Exeter beat Sale. That would leave Exeter on 18/19 us on 14, and Sale on 6 or 7. Even if we lose to Exeter and Sale beat La Rochelle, we go into the last week with the situation that if Glasgow win we have a chance of going through as best runners up, but if Sale win they may finish 2nd but are extremely unlikely to progress. Given that I would think Sale would likely rest their best players after the Exeter game if they lose as they are not really playing for anything.

I see Marfo has been released by Edinburgh - only 11 starts for them but 3 Scotland caps. I actually thought he was pretty impressive in his 3 games for Scotland, dont think i saw him play for Embra though
He picked up that injury and could never get his form back.
Also Seymourhas retired form International Rugby

I see Marfo has been released by Edinburgh - only 11 starts for them but 3 Scotland caps. I actually thought he was pretty impressive in his 3 games for Scotland, dont think i saw him play for Embra though

I think there were about eleven call offs when he got called up.

Seymour was a great player for Scotland, and massively underrated in a way because for a good while there he was absolutely one of the best wingers in the world. Probably the time is right with Graham, Kinghorn and Steyn coming through and big Duhan about to become qualified, but it's a bit sad to see him go.