Rugby Union

kiwififer

It was announced today that Scotland will play New Zealand, Japan and Argentina in next year’s Autumn Tests. The campaign opens against the Pumas on the weekend of 6 November followed by Japan a week later and finishing against the All Blacks over weekend of 20 November. Watch out for a special three-match Autumn Test Package on sale pre-Christmas

It was announced today that Scotland will play New Zealand, Japan and Argentina in next year’s Autumn Tests. The campaign opens against the Pumas on the weekend of 6 November followed by Japan a week later and finishing against the All Blacks over weekend of 20 November. Watch out for a special three-match Autumn Test Package on sale pre-Christmas

Very decent of Japan to give us a mulligan.

I can't pretend to know much about Wilson but it's not an inspiring appointment, and seems like the SRU are just choosing from people they already know.

The Scotland forwards certainly haven't done anything of note under him. Even accepting Cardiff aren't very good, he only had a couple of 7th place finishes (Pro12 years) and a 4th in the first conference year, though that was a combined 9th overall on points. Considering Glasgow have been the second best team in the league in that time, there's nothing to suggest he's worthy of such an appointment.

Had a feeling that is what would happen. Im not convinced by Wilson either, but Wasps were deperate to snap him up when he left Cardiff, until the SRU poached him out of his contract there, so will see what happens. I wouldn't be suprised to see Wilson involved once the 6N's is finished in March, with Rennie slopping off end of April / early May.

Rennie's confirmed till the end of the season.  Wilson leaves Scotland after the 6N so it'll be interesting to see who gets the Scotland forwards job for the summer.

Wilson was the head coach of Wales U20's and he got them a 3rd then 2nd place finishes 2 years in a row at the U20 World Championship.

Also, in 1 season he got Cardiff Blues to the European Champions Cup and won the European Challenge Cup with them.  Not bad considering the Welsh regional game's a mess. 

I think we should give the lad a chance... 

Edited by come on shire

It does seem like a cheap and lazy option. It's also the latest example of the SRU appearing to treat Glasgow as less important than Edinburgh. Our forwards have performed pretty poorly since he came in, whether that is coincidence or not I couldn't say.

In spite of all that, I think he's a reasonable coach and more than happy to get behind him.

And well done to Rennie, hope he does well.

I'm coming concerned that Rennie departure being announced far too early will have a negative effect on Glasgow's champions cup performances. Ireland never the same once Schmidt announced his.
Overall I don't think Rennie has been a success, Glasgow have not kicked on like perhaps they should. Happy to give Wilson a chance but his record with Scotland as forwards coach has been a tad depressing

6 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Tom Smith: Former British and Irish Lions prop reveals stage four cancer diagnosis - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50395820

Listened to the full interview. Absolutely gut wrenching. emoji26.png

There's some pretty tough reading on various Twitter feeds today.