Rugby Union

kiwififer

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Japan are prepared to throw the ball about almost Fiji style and it's come off every time - but f**k me - our tackling has been abysmal at times.

They've played the game at pace - we are incredibly one-paced.

When we do get the ball, instead of going through the phases, we been slow in getting it out of the maul, then, when we do, we have no option but to kick.

We need a miracle second half.

It relatively cool temperature wise, so we don't even have heat/humidity as an excuse!

The incessant kicking has been a problem throughout Townsend’s tenure, but Hogg’s decision there was the stupidest thing I’ve seen. You’ve got 90 seconds of the half left and they’ve battered us, get it as far down the pitch as possible. Don’t kick it to halfway for a chase we’re obviously not making and let them run it right back from there.

It was always unlikely to happen from 14-7, but go in at half-time 7 down and winning by 8 isn’t a wildly unrealistic scenario. Doing it from 14 down is a ridiculous prospect.

Just looked at the bench, and we have no one to bring on to change the game, except Horne jr for Laidlaw.
Time for Townsend to go i think

You’d imagine he’d go. This is two games out of four that they just haven’t shown up.

There’s good news. These posh Finns, Findlays and Frasers are shite at egg chasing, but not as shite as the other mob about to tackle the might of San Marino.

We should take somebody to court over this. I’d start with that Japanese No14 for blatantly ripping the pish out of our posh boys.

Guest Bob Mahelp

We were superb for the first 15 minutes, then for some reason we just stopped competing at the breakdown therefore allowing them super quick ball. 

I can't remember the last time we were in their half, or had close to any kind of possession.