Rugby Union

kiwififer

Unlikely other option but, in theory, just win following Ireland failing to beat Samoa.

Then top the group and avoid New Zealand?

I like this option. Let’s pick that one.

7 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yep the game being typhooned off is the big worry. Of course the same decision would be made if Japan needed a victory to go through. Aye right.

It's looking like it according to our weather reports. That said, we're constantly being told we're going to get hit with a typhoon here in Matsuyama but have I've yet to experience one in 3.5 years! 

Scotland might get lucky.....

As a contingency, are the organisers not contemplating moving both games to regions not expected to be affected by the Haggis Blaw ??  France game to the south and our game to the north ??    I know a full statement is being issued 4 a.m. our time tomorrow.

From my limited knowledge of Japanese culture, I'm guessing qualifying by default would be a very unsatisfying way to go through. I think in some countries there would be very little effort to get this game on, but the Japanese themselves will very much want to play it.

Whether world rugby are of the same opinion remains to be seen of course...

Yep the game being typhooned off is the big worry. Of course the same decision would be made if Japan needed a victory to go through. Aye right.

There’s no jiggery pokery going on here. It would be impossible to play if there is a typhoon.

That said, I’m sure the games could be rescheduled for elsewhere, but if that requires a change to the playing conditions then obviously they won’t be.

Again, not having the players ready for the Ireland game will go down as a black mark on Townsend’s record.

There’s no jiggery pokery going on here. It would be impossible to play if there is a typhoon.

That said, I’m sure the games could be rescheduled for elsewhere, but if that requires a change to the playing conditions then obviously they won’t be.

Again, not having the players ready for the Ireland game will go down as a black mark on Townsend’s record.

I’m not suggesting the game could be played in a typhoon [emoji23]

I’ve already read on line that it might be possible to move the England France game but for “logistical “ reasons the Japan Scotland game can’t be moved. That just reeks of inequity. Not having a go at Japan here. Just the usual world rugby shite. Anyway all conjecture until we see what happens but I smell shite.

38 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It's Wednesday. The game doesn't take place till Sunday. There is a lot they can do to allow the games to go ahead that doesn't involve playing in a typhoon.