Rugby Union

kiwififer

5 hours ago, peasy23 said:

I would hope so, but seeing stuff like this gives me the fear, especially as Scotland have only a 4 day turnaround before they play Japan.

The Russia game will be a 2nd XV so I don't think the turn around will have much bearing on the Japan game.

8 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The Russia game will be a 2nd XV so I don't think the turn around will have much bearing on the Japan game.

Yeah, we've got lucky with that, Russia shouldn't even be there. With Japan, they are clearly a good side, and will be well up for it, but to be honest, that try doesn't really give me the fear. If you'd showed me them shitfesting up the pitch through a series of lineout mauls before eventually scoring a penalty try after a series of 5 meter scrums I'd be far more worried.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

This is so much better than the Paloma Faith shite from last time...

That is not difficult. I would have it as the 2nd best version  after Hayley Westenra in 2011 and just ahead of Shirley Bassey and Bryn Terfel in 1999

Big game for Bhatti, Toolis, Ritchie, Strauss, McGuigan and probably Jones and Taylor as well. I reckon those guys all play in positions where some big names are going to be left at home. Suppose for Jones and Taylor the question marks are all around form and fitness, but the other guys could still miss out even at top form.

13 hours ago, Detournement said:

Bhatti is a cert to go surely? I also think Toolis is unlikely to be displaced by Cummings.

It'll be great to see Duncan Taylor back and exciting to see Hutchinson make his debut.

Probably, but there is still a question mark over his scrummaging for me, though I suppose he's a better all round player than Reid and he finished the season very well. I think Cummimgs might be closer than you think. Again, he finished the season very strongly and is developing into as decent carrier as well, which we don't really have at second row. Also,for me, Toolis has never really been particularly impressive for Scotland.

Watsonian FC are not changing their name and Nel will be part of their coaching set up. 

Southern Knights will be easier to stomach for people in Gala

Ayrshire Bulls widens the geographic reach but also sounds pretty cool

Borougmuir Bears is at least alliterative

But what could Watsonians call themselves

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Ayrshire Bulls widens the geographic reach but also sounds pretty cool

Ayrshire has a well known bull industry on its farms.

15 hours ago, GAD said:

Probably, but there is still a question mark over his scrummaging for me, though I suppose he's a better all round player than Reid and he finished the season very well. I think Cummimgs might be closer than you think. Again, he finished the season very strongly and is developing into as decent carrier as well, which we don't really have at second row. Also,for me, Toolis has never really been particularly impressive for Scotland.

Even though they're only experimental/trial games I'm surprised Gordon Reid's involved. He's taken a step down to semi-pro rugby after all.

Glasgow's Mesulame Dolokoto, Nikola Matawalu and Edinburgh's Viliame Mata. Have been called up to the Fiji team for the RWC

Also apart from the Scottish players Glasgow will probably be without(either in training squad or Pacific Nations Cup aquad)  David Tameilau (USA), Siua Halanukonuka (Tonga) and DTH(Canada). It looks like Edinburgh will only lose their Scottish players  and Mata. 

Edited by ajwffc