Rugby Union

kiwififer

SRU 2018-19 Annual Report highlights

- Historic net cash debt free.
- Turnover up £3.9m to a record £61.1m.
- Most successful season ever for Scotland matches with over 400,000 fans attending six sold out games.
- Continued drive for sustainable clubs with £3.1m invested into grassroots.
- Retention of the Calcutta Cup – first time in 35 years.
- Ground-breaking new sponsors and broadcast deal for Scotland Women.
- Scotland 7s win Challenge Trophy at two rounds of the HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series.
- Glasgow Warriors reach the Guinness PRO14 Final in front of a record crowd at Celtic Park.
- 795 teams in the Mitsubishi Motors UK Schools & Youth Conference from 273 schools and clubs.

https://www.scottishrugby.org/news/scottish-rugby-reflects-on-the-2018/19-season

Just back from holiday in Fiji. Quite liked the World Cup top but plumped for the 7s shirt. No photos because I don't want you guys getting all jealous of my amazing physique or sending me Grindr requests!

2 hours ago, honestly united said:

Grigg, Steyn, Pyrgos and Graham cut from WC squad. From that I assume Taylor is fit and raring to go, Pyrgos and Graham no real suprise

Pyrgos dropping out means it's likely Glasgow will start the season without Price and Horne, but as you say, none of the 4 are that much of a surprise.

Some of the Glasgow fans had convinced themselves that Steyn was the form 13 😂 

None of those four were ever going. 2019 Pyrgos playing in a World Cup might have ended me. Possibly the only thing that could top Shinnie at left back in Kazakhstan in the inevitable disaster stakes.

28 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Currently in South France just now for my summer hols. Guy staying next to us is from la Rochelle, big rugby guy travels to the 6 nations etc. We were chatting about Finn Russell last night and he has him as the best player in France. Oh how times have changed at outhalf

What's his reckoning about the 2 La Rochelle v Glasgow games?

I've been asked a few times by Aussie mates how I think Scotland will go in the World Cup. I've no idea so I'm asking the experts. 2nd in the Group then beaten by SA/NZ in the Quarters?

I've been asked a few times by Aussie mates how I think Scotland will go in the World Cup. I've no idea so I'm asking the experts. 2nd in the Group then beaten by SA/NZ in the Quarters?
I would hope so, but seeing stuff like this gives me the fear, especially as Scotland have only a 4 day turnaround before they play Japan.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 10:38, come on shire said:
What's his reckoning about the 2 La Rochelle v Glasgow games?

I'll ask him when I see him, still here. Have the fixtures been released? Hopefully Glasgow have them home early?

Nothing yet.  I reckon it'll be later than normal due to the WC being on...