Rugby Union

kiwififer

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

SHC seems to have a reputation online that isn't based on anything he does on the pitch. There are some right strange people on the Scottish rugby blogs (no one on here btw) who make baseless assumptions about individuals and let it snowball. Good luck to him.

Just for clarity, my 'no comment' post was because I dislike Racing 92, not SHC. He seems to have made a good impression with Scarlets fans, who were sad to see him leave, and Quins fans, who wanted him to join permanently.

Apparently he chose Racing 92 over Toulouse because he thinks he'll get more playing time with them and he wants to work with Mike Prendergast. I think Racing tend to alternate between Machenaud and Iribaren regularly so it's probably a wise move.

33 minutes ago, honestly united said:

you would have thought Glasgow may have taken a punt on him for a season given they will be losing price and horne for RWC and 6 Nations so will be relying on Frisbee and Matawalu.

Perhaps, but once they'd returned, he'd likely have been third choice. Joining as a medical joker for the World Cup gives him that flexibility to join another club once the World Cup is over and the players have returned.

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

SHC seems to have a reputation online that isn't based on anything he does on the pitch. There are some right strange people on the Scottish rugby blogs (no one on here btw) who make baseless assumptions about individuals and let it snowball. Good luck to him.

At Scarlets, Quins and now Racing he's competing with quality players so only gets a sniff during the internationals. I don't think he's international level personally but offers squad cover. My concern is he was a stalwart at Edinburgh but took a punt that didn't work so he's becoming a 'journeyman'. However his workrate is 2nd to none and he's a decent bloke too so I wish him the best.

Completely agree with your Scottish rugby blogs comment. Have you been on the Scottish rugby FB forum yet?

3 hours ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Don't tell me that the Ulster and Munster fans have infiltrated that too?!

No. However there's been a few times where I've been scared to say anything negative as it needs to be a purely positive utopia. There's a few folk on there who think they're celebrities tbh.

Edited by come on shire

The Jaguares are through to the Super Rugby Semi-Final after a 21-16:home win over the Chiefs. They will be at home to the Brumbies on Friday. The other game is Crusaders v Hurricanes on Saturday. 

14 hours ago, come on shire said:

No. However there's been a few times where I've been scared to say anything negative as it needs to be a purely positive utopia. There's a few folk on there who think they're celebrities tbh.

That sounds very similar to the Glasgow FB forum as well. 

2 hours ago, same_ol_g35 said:

That sounds very similar to the Glasgow FB forum as well. 

I actually find that to be a bit better. However the Scottish rugby forum's a bit nuts. When someone tells you they're blocking you because you're too negative about Scotland's 6N campaign just past, well...

Some of the tackling against Fiji was pitiful. Jack Blain could be the new Visser.

They actually looked OK against NZ and SA and got beaten by far bigger packs against Italy and Georgia. It's the old Gordon Strachan line but we don't have the gene pool to compete at this level year in year out. They still have the 6 Nations so it's not a total disaster.

I've said it before on here but it clearly needs said again. This was more of an u19s team than u20s. Most of them will be back next year in what would've looked a very good team, however they'll obviously be in the lower competition which is a real shame. There is plenty talent in that squad but a friend (who was injured for the WC but played the 6N) was not complimentary about Hogg as a coach.

9 minutes ago, afca32 said:

I've said it before on here but it clearly needs said again. This was more of an u19s team than u20s. Most of them will be back next year in what would've looked a very good team, however they'll obviously be in the lower competition which is a real shame. There is plenty talent in that squad but a friend (who was injured for the WC but played the 6N) was not complimentary about Hogg as a coach. 

I didn't watch any whole games but the bits I did see they just seemed to want to get the ball out to the wing as quickly as possible.

One cap Springbok openside Kwagga Smith of the Lions is coming to Edinburgh as RWC cover. Should be a good signing and i'd imagine he'd want to put himself in the shop window for a permanent move to the NH.