Rugby Union

kiwififer

That was glorious.

The East Stand wanted 50 points, and got them. Seething, salty teared Ulster messes leaving after 60 minutes. The Horne boys scoring a try they had scored thousands of times in their back garden. John Lacey going an entire game without giving a yellow card. This game had everything.

And in answer to the "Is the wind really that strong", it was. And it was fucking freezing. But it was glorious. Bring on the Southern Irish whingers next week. Either branch.

Looking forward to the final. Do think it's a bit of a joke and actually quite shocking how the SRU have allowed it get to the stage where demand for professional club rugby in the west of Scotland is huge yet under 8,000 will get to Scotstoun next season. Glasgow have potential to be one of the biggest clubs in European rugby but are massively held back by the tiny stadium.

4 minutes ago, ForzaDundee said:

Looking forward to the final. Do think it's a bit of a joke and actually quite shocking how the SRU have allowed it get to the stage where demand for professional club rugby in the west of Scotland is huge yet under 8,000 will get to Scotstoun next season. Glasgow have potential to be one of the biggest clubs in European rugby but are massively held back by the tiny stadium.

Where else are they going to play though?

Until they can make arrangements to get the track at Scotstoun to f**k, and put the end stands in permanently, there isn't really a suitable ground in the city

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Where else are they going to play though?

Until they can make arrangements to get the track at Scotstoun to f**k, and put the end stands in permanently, there isn't really a suitable ground in the city

They should have invested in a stadium years ago. At the least it would be good to see the derby against Edinburgh played at Hampden.

1 minute ago, ForzaDundee said:

They should have invested in a stadium years ago. At the least it would be good to see the derby against Edinburgh played at Hampden.

They had no money because they were still paying off Murrayfield until the current BT sponsorship deal paid that off.

I agree that a custom built ground would be ideal, but I can't see it happening for a while sadly.

Ideally they would f**k the track off, take the north stand down and build a new one closer to the pitch. Maybe replicating the one opposite. Then you could have terracing behind one set of posts and a stand behind the other.

Anyway, just bought my ticket. Been following since the late Lineen years but small children have made going pretty difficult. Really looking forward to it - who do you think would be the preferable winner tomorrow? Leinster might be a bit broken, but i’d say they are a better team than Munster.

Glaswegians griping about playing in the wrong size of stadium are going to get little sympathy from their friends in the capital.

But the idea of moving “event” games to a big football ground seems to work elsewhere.

6 hours ago, Snobot said:

Anyway, just bought my ticket. Been following since the late Lineen years but small children have made going pretty difficult. Really looking forward to it - who do you think would be the preferable winner tomorrow? Leinster might be a bit broken, but i’d say they are a better team than Munster.

Would like to avoid Leinster but can’t see it. They’re the strongest pro14 team I think. 

Looking at the ages of the squad there is definitely an opportunity for this team to progress. Price just turned 26, Steyn is 25, Sam Johnson is 25, Jonny Gray is 25, Huw Jones is 25, George Horne is 24, D'Arcy Rae is 24, Zander F is 23, Hastings is 22, Cummings is 22, Matt Fagerson is 20. That's 11 players who are already very good by the standard of the league and will get better (as I said before it's a huge shame that Bhatti is leaving).

You also have Andrew Davidson, 22 coming in who looks very good and Stafford McDowall who is 21 and has shown huge potential. The back 3 is the only part of the team that needs freshening up with Tommy, DTH, Niko and Jackson all over 30.