Rugby Union

kiwififer

5 minutes ago, ajwffc said:
1 hour ago, Allan Jacobsen said:
Well, at least Thistle won today.

The only positive I have is the Blues won their 3rd game in a row last night/this morning

I've only just started watching Super Rugby properly. Quite enjoyable. Best game I've seen so far was Lions-Jaguares a couple of weeks ago.

I've already taken a dislike to Waratahs but only when a certain bigot player plays.

Will have to watch the TV but there were a few dodgy decisions against the Gunners today.

Should not have been a Munster scrum for the first try.

Not sure why Mata was penalised for stripping early in the second half.

Maybe I'll see more later.

On another point how bad was the PA system at Murrayfield today? Didn't get a word of it so does anyone know the attendance?

Will have to watch the TV but there were a few dodgy decisions against the Gunners today.

Should not have been a Munster scrum for the first try.

Not sure why Mata was penalised for stripping early in the second half.

Maybe I'll see more later.

On another point how bad was the PA system at Murrayfield today? Didn't get a word of it so does anyone know the attendance?
36k...
But let's not blame the ref; it's always their fault when Scottish teams arses collapse

Edinburgh game was disappointing, as they should have won. For me Pyrgos lost them the game, the number of times the ball was at a back of a ruck and he was nowhere to be seen (Munster got a couple of turnovers from this) or slowed the game down so all momentum was lost. If Embra had got either price or horne last summer rather than Pyrgos I think they would have won today at a canter.

As for Glasgow they seem to have gone backwards this season, and granted they have a number of players out injured, but the forwards seem disorganised, and defensively the whole team dont really seem to be following any sort of plan. I know people rave about Rennie as a coach, and at times we produce some fantastic attacking rugby, but defensively and in the forwards especially we have regressed again this season. We did look better at the start of he season, the first game against Saracens for example we looked solid, but since then the forwards especially are off the pace require to challenge in Europe. 

Edinburgh game was disappointing, as they should have won. For me Pyrgos lost them the game, the number of times the ball was at a back of a ruck and he was nowhere to be seen (Munster got a couple of turnovers from this) or slowed the game down so all momentum was lost. If Embra had got either price or horne last summer rather than Pyrgos I think they would have won today at a canter.
As for Glasgow they seem to have gone backwards this season, and granted they have a number of players out injured, but the forwards seem disorganised, and defensively the whole team dont really seem to be following any sort of plan. I know people rave about Rennie as a coach, and at times we produce some fantastic attacking rugby, but defensively and in the forwards especially we have regressed again this season. We did look better at the start of he season, the first game against Saracens for example we looked solid, but since then the forwards especially are off the pace require to challenge in Europe. 
That's a good post but be very careful saying Glasgow have regressed and we should expect more. This sort of talk will infuriate some of the usual suspects on here who are infinitely happy to align to the plucky losers tag.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Fantastic game of rugby just now in Paris.

22-21 to Toulouse with 4 mins left.

Edit : Finished 22-21. Breathtaking stuff from both teams. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

Guest Bob Mahelp
12 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
24 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:
Fantastic game of rugby just now in Paris.
22-21 to Toulouse with 4 mins left.

Edit : Finished 22-21. Breathtaking stuff from both teams. 

Any last minute drop goal attempts? Was Racings conversion close?

No. Yes.

Clermont and Northampton have had three cracking games this year in the Challenge Cup with Clermont winning all three:

Northampton 20-41 Clermont

Clermont 48-40 Northampton

Clermont 61-38 Northampton

They've got Quins next in the semis. Whoever wins that will win the Challenge Cup, I think. Also, such a shame to see Racing 92 lose by a point and have a try disallowed at the end.

I've only just started watching Super Rugby properly. Quite enjoyable. Best game I've seen so far was Lions-Jaguares a couple of weeks ago.
I've already taken a dislike to Waratahs but only when a certain bigot player plays.
Super Rugby is usually a good watch. But in saying that I only really get to watch the Friday evening (morning or time) and Saturday afternoon/evening (morning again our time) home games for the Kiwi sides due to working nights. The only problem with them is the Australia commentators are the worst out their (most of the pitch side reporters that you hear during the games are quite good)

Super Rugby is usually a good watch. But in saying that I only really get to watch the Friday evening (morning or time) and Saturday afternoon/evening (morning again our time) home games for the Kiwi sides due to working nights. The only problem with them is the Australia commentators are the worst out their (most of the pitch side reporters that you hear during the games are quite good)

Australian rugby union commentators are almost as bad as the ones doing AFL and the free to air ones for Wallabies games are even worse than the Fox Sports ones.

5 hours ago, Eednud said:

Australian rugby union commentators are almost as bad as the ones doing AFL and the free to air ones for Wallabies games are even worse than the Fox Sports ones.

I think it is the Fox Sports commentators we get when an Australian side is playing in Super Rugby. We defiantly get them (as do the Kiwis) when we get a Wallabies game in the Rugby Championship. They make Jonathan Davies, Alan Quinlan and Stuart Barnes look fair and  impartial 

51 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

I think it is the Fox Sports commentators we get when an Australian side is playing in Super Rugby. We defiantly get them (as do the Kiwis) when we get a Wallabies game in the Rugby Championship. They make Jonathan Davies, Alan Quinlan and Stuart Barnes look fair and  impartial 

Yes Fox Sports covers Super Rugby. They also cover the Wallabies games as does Channel 10.