Rugby Union

kiwififer

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

He played well last week. He also won't need to worry about goal kicking with Laidlaw there.

Amazing we can still put out a strong team like that when you think of the injuries.

It is, but I really fear for the centres.  

I can't think of a time when Grigg has performed in a big game. The Pro14 games that he excels in don't bear much resemblance to Test matches.

Other than that though it's a strong team and France are so disorganised that Grigg will probably manage one of his breaks it's just whether he'll be ok defensively.

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I can't think of a time when Grigg has performed in a big game. The Pro14 games that he excels in don't bear much resemblance to Test matches.

Other than that though it's a strong team and France are so disorganised that Grigg will probably manage one of his breaks it's just whether he'll be ok defensively.

He'd better be, because there's bugger all cover in the centres, and there's very little bulk there either.  

On 16/02/2019 at 21:09, same_ol_g35 said:

We're giving them a shoeing so far. Grigg has been fantastic. Giving himself a great audition before the Scotland squad is picked. 

On 16/02/2019 at 21:15, Detournement said:

Steyn nowhere to be seen on both tries.

Zero chance of Grigg being involved next week.

Just a wee reminder of this Detournement :whistle

10 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I'd say before the Italy game that i've never predicted a Townsend line up correctly....

This feel likes a gamble to maybe get a try out of nowhere because Finn and Hogg are injured. If the two of them were playing I doubt Grigg would be.

Yup.  It's clearly not a team picked to kick and chase.   

3 minutes ago, GAD said:

Hopefully now Connacht have scored Whithouse can cut the shit a bit. He's kept them in it here.

He has no clue at the scrum, but is going with the classic "If I sound confident, people will think I know what I'm talking about".

ETA: He's also constantly standing in our 9-10 channel. George should just scud the ball off his face.

Edited by Mark Connolly

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

He has no clue at the scrum, but is going with the classic "If I sound confident, people will think I know what I'm talking about".

ETA: He's also constantly standing in our 9-10 channel. George should just scud the ball off his face.

He just missed about three knock ons in a row earlier as well. I think he was bored and not watching. I usually think he's ok to be honest, but he was definitely in a huff with us for 15 minutes there.