Rugby Union

kiwififer

4 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:
Hogg likely out for the rest of the season according to the Mail. Disaster.

So the c**t Murray denies him his Lions tests and the c**t O'Mahony denies him his Glasgow swansong. Is it possible to hate Munster and Irish rugby more!

Irish fans used to be sound but some of them at Murrayfield were idiots. Then you look on twitter (a bad judge of anything mind) and it is worse about Hogg playacting and then about us 'targetting Sexton' when even BOD said he plays too close to the line.  

Edited by flyingscot

Guinness PRO14  – Referee Appointments

Round 15 – 2018/19

Friday, February 15, 2019 (All KO local)

Edinburgh v Dragons – KO 19.35

BT Murrayfield, Edinburgh 

Referee: Andrew Brace (IRFU)
AR1: Sam Grove-White (SRU), AR2: Paul Haycock (IRFU)
TMO: Neil Paterson (SRU)
Live on Premier Sports 2

Munster v Isuzu Southern Kings – KO 19.35

Thomond Park, Limerick

Referee: Andrea Piardi (FIR)
AR1: Sean Gallagher (IRFU), AR2: Matteo Liperini (FIR)
TMO: Alan Falzone (FIR)
Live on eir sport 1, FreeSports, SuperSport 1

Ospreys v Ulster – KO 19.35

Morganstone Brewery Field, Bridgend

Referee: Quinton Immelman (SARU)
AR1: Dan Jones (WRU), AR2: Ben Breakspear (WRU)
TMO: Tim Hayes (WRU)
Live on Premier Sports 1, eir sport 2

Saturday, February 16 (All KO local)

Zebre v Leinster – KO 15.30

Stadio Zaffanella, Viadana

Referee: Ian Davies (WRU)
AR1: Marius Mitrea (FIR), AR2: Jason Morris (WRU)
TMO: Stefano Penne (FIR)
Live on Premier Sports 2, DAZN, eir sport 1

Connacht v Toyota Cheetahs – KO 17.30

The Sportsground, Galway

Referee: Nigel Owens (WRU)
AR1: John Lacey (IRFU), AR2: Mike English (WRU)
TMO: Brian MacNeice (IRFU)
Live on TG4, Premier Sports 2, SuperSport 1

Benetton Rugby v Scarlets – KO 18.15

Stadio Monigo, Treviso 

Referee: Frank Murphy (IRFU)
AR1: Gianluca Gnecchi (FIR) AR2: Mark Patton (IRFU)
TMO: Olly Hodges (IRFU)
Live on DAZN, S4C, Premier Sports 1, eir sport 2

Cardiff Blues v Glasgow Warriors – KO 19.35

Cardiff Arms Park, Cardiff

Referee: George Clancy (IRFU)
AR1: Ben Whitehouse (WRU) AR2: Johnny Erskine (IRFU)
TMO: Leo Colgan (IRFU)
Live on Premier Sports 1, eir sport 2, SuperSport 1

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
On 2/13/2019 at 11:10, Savage Henry said:
Hogg likely out for the rest of the season according to the Mail. Disaster.

BBC now reporting that Townsend is optimistic that he will play some part in six nations.

Less of a disaster.

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

I'm hoping its not just wishful thinking from Toonie.

I dont know why we haven't put in an official complaint yet on the Irish player as of yet, surely its a pretty clear case

A complaint is meaningless unless you could prove an intent to injure, which you can’t. It should have been a penalty and probably a yellow card, but there’s no retrospective action they can take for anything under a red card offence.

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
3 hours ago, honestly united said:
I dont know why we haven't put in an official complaint yet on the Irish player as of yet, surely its a pretty clear case

What's the point tbh

2 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

A complaint is meaningless unless you could prove an intent to injure, which you can’t. It should have been a penalty and probably a yellow card, but there’s no retrospective action they can take for anything under a red card offence.

We've had players cited and banned on much less evidence after games - we need to start doing the same and stand up for ourselves -  we seem to get the rough end of the stick a lot of times in disciplinary matters, and it appears we just sit back to much and take it. If we did we might start getting away with more like the Irish and Welsh do.

On another note, the proposed world league concept (were the top 10, then teams 11-20 etc) would play each other once a year, and there would be a single TV deal / pool to maximise income looks to be scrapped as the 6N countries have gone against the agreement signed last month and will be agreeing their own TV deal to cover 6N's, Summer Tours and AI's. Really sticking a massive 2 fingers up to the SH countries and all the Tier 2 countries that had hopes of getting a slice of the pie.

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

What's the point tbh

2 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Townsend has complained to the Six Nations officials about Poite and the lack of TMO use apparently. Nothing can be done though because it wasn't a red card offence. If it means that referees are a bit more sympathetic to Scotland in future then it's progress, I suppose.

1 minute ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Townsend has complained to the Six Nations officials about Poite and the lack of TMO use apparently. Nothing can be done though because it wasn't a red card offence. If it means that referees are a bit more sympathetic to Scotland in future then it's progress, I suppose.

It probably is only a yellow, but you could bet if the shoe was on the other foot the Irish would have had the Scottish player cited, and banned by now.

Just now, honestly united said:

It probably is only a yellow, but you could bet if the shoe was on the other foot the Irish would have had the Scottish player cited, and banned by now.

Although the meetings with Six Nations officials are standard practice, it is still a step in the right direction. I'd like to see us be more critical of decisions, rather than shrugging our shoulders and going "ah well, what you gonna do!" Other nations don't have issues gobbing off, neither should we.

Laidlaw had the right idea on Saturday but, oddly, preferred to focus on the knock-on in the second half, rather than the dodgy hit on Hogg.

Once in a while, it'd be good to see a player or a coach say "see that ref, what a useless c**t he was." Get Peter Wright hired as the PR Officer for Scottish Rugby. He's usually got a lot to say.

Super Rugby gets underway in just over 30 minutes with the Chiefs at home to the Highlanders followed later tonight with Brumbies v Rebels. Interesting to see how Quade Cooper gets on with the Rebels. A New Zealand team will win again this year and the Sunwolves will finish bottom. The Reds will probably be the worst Aussie side and the Rebels might end up being the best. Chiefs v Crusaders game in June will be played in Suva, Fiji. 

ETA: Cooper and Will Genia back together again.

Edited by Eednud

1 minute ago, Swarley said:

Waratah v Hurricanes tomorrow at Brookvale Oval is a sell out apparently. Think that means a crowd of about ~22k.

Forgot about the reconstruction at Allianz. Should be a much better atmosphere than they usually get.