Rugby Union

kiwififer

3 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

What did he do?

Just as we got awarded a penalty right in the 80th minute to finish the game, he grappled with someone, swung them round and started a scrap on the floor. 

Ref didn't go back to look at it, presumably only as time was up.

Just needless, as were the two penalties he gave away in the first half. Personally, I'm just sick of him.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

10 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

So an Edinburgh win gives them a home QF, denys Munster a home QF and sees Glasgow through without throwing a pass in London. What a glorious start to the weekend that would be.

Come on Edinburgh! Are we likely to play Saracens again if we do go through?

18 hours ago, come on shire said:

Excellent win to arrest 3 defeats in a row. To grab a BP was excellent too.

We'll have to defend much better down at Sarries though. We lost 4 soft tries and towards the end we were playing the clock down when not long previously we had been out of sight.

TBF I was concerned that Glasgow failed to do much with the first half with the wind advantage- should have been bonus point first half, albeit JP Doyle was lenient with Cardiff consistently infringing in the red zone.  I was mildly annoyed at the refereeing as Cardiff were cynical, particularly when Kebble crossed over the hit on him looked dodgy. Apparently Cardiff gave away 8 penalties, 5m out with no card. 

In all honesty, every time at Scotstoun when wind is like that you want to be with the wind second half when defences are tired and they can't easily clear. We did a better job into the wind than Cardiff managed but I was worried when it went 4 points.It wasn't a convincing performance but we did a job and it was a good result, sometimes you need to grind out out. The scrum dominance early on was welcome and Brandon Thomson was solid and kicked well apart from the last conversion which dinged the upright.