Rugby Union

kiwififer

Does it make much difference to Glasgow if Saracens beat Cardiff twice? I guess it would be better if Cardiff denied them the bonus points, but we'd need to win at Saracens either way to win the group I expect?

Saracens struggling against Cardiff at home so far. Strange when Glasgow didn't even get a bonus point at Home against them. I off course was criticised by some on here (you know who you are) for being too hard on Glasgow that day. Really shows a lack of belief by some on here, Glasgow are an excellent team and I was quite right to criticise that performance. Real missed opportunity.

5 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Saracens struggling against Cardiff at home so far. Strange when Glasgow didn't even get a bonus point at Home against them. I off course was criticised by some on here (you know who you are) for being too hard on Glasgow that day. Really shows a lack of belief by some on here, Glasgow are an excellent team and I was quite right to criticise that performance. Real missed opportunity.

I knew you'd be happy after Glasgow and Leinster's wins.

Let's hope Saracens get fucked, although they have a habit of saving games late on! We can win this group. 

1 hour ago, GAD said:

Does it make much difference to Glasgow if Saracens beat Cardiff twice? I guess it would be better if Cardiff denied them the bonus points, but we'd need to win at Saracens either way to win the group I expect?

On paper I'd say Sarries are the best team in the group though. So if they have 1st wrapped up and we go there needing something my thinking is that Sarries will rest their big players.

Let's hope Saracens get fucked, although they have a habit of saving games late on! We can win this group. 
Saracens are pulling away now and in fairness to be expected. All I'm saying, and said at time, was that Glasgow not getting a BP at home was hugely disappointing and they let themselves down. Home ties in the competition are huge and good teams should peak in them. Eg Edinburgh scored 40 at home to Toulon, unlikely it will happen away. Missed opportunity for Glasgow yet I was roundly berated by much negativity.

11 minutes ago, come on shire said:

On paper I'd say Sarries are the best team in the group though. So if they have 1st wrapped up and we go there needing something my thinking is that Sarries will rest their big players.

I think by the time we play them again we'll both be assured of progression into the next round. Lyon will have jacked it in and probably rest players for the top 14 and Cardiff are pure gubbins. 

7 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
7 hours ago, same_ol_g35 said:

Saracens are pulling away now and in fairness to be expected. All I'm saying, and said at time, was that Glasgow not getting a BP at home was hugely disappointing and they let themselves down. Home ties in the competition are huge and good teams should peak in them. Eg Edinburgh scored 40 at home to Toulon, unlikely it will happen away. Missed opportunity for Glasgow yet I was roundly berated by much negativity.

The way we are playing at the moment I don’t think we have anything to fear going down there.

Glasgow Warriors v Lyon

Date: Sat 15 December 2018 13:00 (GMT)

Venue: Scotstoun Stadium

Referee: Ben Whitehouse (Wales)

AR1: Gwyn Morris (Wales)

AR2: Aled Evans (Wales)

TMO: Geoff Warren (England)

Newcastle Falcons v Edinburgh Rugby

Date: Sun 16 December 2018 15:15 (GMT)

Venue: Kingston Park

Referee: Alexandre Ruiz (France)

AR1: Thomas Charabas (France)

AR2: Luc Ramos (France)

TMO: Eric Briquet-Campin (France)

Broadcasters: BT Sport

It is also good to see some Scottish refs get some involvement with Mike Adamson in Charge of Stade v Ospreys. With Sam Grove White(has not be at the opening 2 rounds of the sevens but will be back  when they restart next year)  and Dave Sutherland (new name to me) as his assistants. Also Ben Blain (another new name to me) in charge of Zebre V Enisei. With Finlay Brown (never heard of him),  Hollie Davidson as assistants and Neil Paterson as TMO