Rugby Union

kiwififer

This has been seriously impressive from Glasgow. If it wasn't for the officials the game would have been over well before it was. It's far more mature and pragmatic than it was last year, but still that ability to take it when it's on, and a pack that all of a sudden looks ready to go toe to toe with anybody. Superb stuff.

Just watched game and now skimming through thread observing the timeline of the various headsgone due to Carley and his team. The forward pass in particular. 

Good to see Hastings bossing it. Also the breakdown clearance was impressive.

G Horne is a special talent.

Glasgow's play was beautiful to watch vs Lyon who had to win to stay relevant. Though I wasn't happy until I knew Lyon had run out of time to get back into the game. Mainly because the ref was giving Lyon penalties like a panto dame throws out sweeties and he binned Swinno late on so we had to front up.

An irritant to me was the camera focusing on the Lyon head coach with every opportunity. I get he's an ex-France scrum-half and he prowls the touchline like a Barclays Premier League football manager but come on!

Wouldn't mind seeing Sarries take 10 points from Cardiff over the next week. If they have 1st wrapped up by the final game then they may rest players if we go down there needing something.

Glasgow's back row is so in-tune these days they're like rugby's version of the Rat Pack. Ryan Wilson will have to work hard when he gets back...