Rugby Union

kiwififer

Townsend's team is as Townsend the player does.   The same accusations you could have made about him (particularly when playing at 10), you could make about his team now.  I'd far rather they play like that and sometimes look incompetent, than to watch a team playing Gatlandball.  
Given the quality of players available, you don't get things like the first try without having the odd jittery slap-your-forehead moment.  
Nobody's arguing with the bulk of that, but is it that difficult to clear your lines when in 22 and practice restarts. The rest is perfectly fine.

Townsend's team is as Townsend the player does.   The same accusations you could have made about him (particularly when playing at 10), you could make about his team now.  I'd far rather they play like that and sometimes look incompetent, than to watch a team playing Gatlandball.  
Given the quality of players available, you don't get things like the first try without having the odd jittery slap-your-forehead moment.  
Indeed, but that doesn't mean players need to run from deep every time they have ball in hand. There was too much of it yesterday IMO.

Disappointed we lost in what turned out to be a close game. Pleased some of the players we’ve criticised stepped up. Disappointed in some other who seemed a bit off the boil. However I am pleased we managed to keep up with them the full 80 mins and locked them out from scoring more than 2 tries. They ran away with the game in 2015 so not too disappointed overall.

6 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/46261989

Kolisi escapes without a ban. So headbutts are now allowed so long as the other player started it first and you only use "moderate force".

Who you are and who you play for are by far the biggest factor in who gets cited and what the punishment is. If that had been a Tongan during the Wales game he would be fucked.

45 minutes ago, GAD said:

Who you are and who you play for are by far the biggest factor in who gets cited and what the punishment is. If that had been a Tongan during the Wales game he would be fucked.

If it had been Horne on Kolisi, he would be fucked.

It was obvious at the time, yet somehow missed by all the officials. Now World Rugby think headbutts are not a red card as long as it's moderate force. An absolute joke.

23 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

If it had been Horne on Kolisi, he would be fucked.

It was obvious at the time, yet somehow missed by all the officials. Now World Rugby think headbutts are not a red card as long as it's moderate force. An absolute joke.

It's not just that headbutts are fine, they basically put all the blame on Horne. It's fucking ridiculous the way certain players and teams are massively protected. You see guys like George Turner getting four weeks for running into Picamoles last season, and then you see that going unpunished. It's bullshit. Guys like Farrell, Itoje, Kolisi, the Vunipolas, the entire New Zealand and Irish teams and anyone else who might be on an advertising hoarding to sell tickets for the world cup  are now completely untouchable.

Edited by GAD

It looks like Jones is also leaving the Warriors. After turning down a deal that would of made him the highest paid player in Glasgow(and probably Scotland) and will join Leicester Tigers after the World Cup.

I can’t say I’m too bothered about Huw Jones leaving as it feels like he’s barely played for Glasgow (13 appearances, assuming Glasgow’s website is up-to-date). You accept that southern hemisphere players will use Glasgow as a stepping stone to England or France but they usually give Glasgow a decent bit of time before moving on. Between arriving late in his first year due to the Currie Cup, Scotland caps plus injury, I think he’s actually quite lucky to have been offered such a big contract in the first place.

Obviously, the flip side is with Hogg already leaving, Glasgow will have to go out and make some very strong signings – which they haven’t done well for a while.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

I can’t say I’m too bothered about Huw Jones leaving as it feels like he’s barely played for Glasgow (13 appearances, assuming Glasgow’s website is up-to-date). You accept that southern hemisphere players will use Glasgow as a stepping stone to England or France but they usually give Glasgow a decent bit of time before moving on. Between arriving late in his first year due to the Currie Cup, Scotland caps plus injury, I think he’s actually quite lucky to have been offered such a big contract in the first place.
Obviously, the flip side is with Hogg already leaving, Glasgow will have to go out and make some very strong signings – which they haven’t done well for a while.
Or they use the conveyor belt of talent coming up. Hasn't done Leinster any harm. Significant investment needed tho

I'd describe the Scotland game on Saturday as a "must win".  Happy with the showing vs SA but naturally disappointed with the narrow defeat so recovery and a win before the 6N is vital imo.  Finn CAN play centre maybe to cover a sin-bin or subs but that apart he's an out and out 10 imo.  A bit too experimental for me...

The bread and butter of the Glasgow game first though.  Ireland's John Lacey is the ref on Fri night...

This is very much about getting Hastings as much top level experience prior to the 6N & WC as possible incase Finn is injured, and as Finn is one of our best players making sure he gets a game. Very lightweight midfield, but then again its a very different Argentina to the days of old.

Overall the team has a look of making sure everyone gets a game. I would have thought they would have capped Graham just for the giggles to ensure he cant play for England

This is very much about getting Hastings as much top level experience prior to the 6N & WC as possible incase Finn is injured, and as Finn is one of our best players making sure he gets a game. Very lightweight midfield, but then again its a very different Argentina to the days of old.
Overall the team has a look of making sure everyone gets a game. I would have thought they would have capped Graham just for the giggles to ensure he cant play for England
I reckon it's all part of the masterplan to cap Graham against England in the 6N for maximum seethe.