Rugby Union

kiwififer

A shame he's had to retire at a relatively young age. The neck is an especially delicate area and if it's potentially the difference between him walking or not walking in later life, completely the correct decision. I'm sure he'll have some sort of backroom job at Blues in the near future if he wants it.

Had expected a few ringers but that looks like the normal 7's squad, I take it no one is that bothered by the world cup
Looking at other squads the top teams are all using their core 7s squads.
The TV coverage for the tournament is great with zero live coverage in the UK(unless world rugby allow UK IP address to view their stream on the website) . As ITV have the rights as they have the World Cup rights. With only highlights being shown on ITV4 1hr on Saturday, 1hr on Sunday and 1hr 5min on Monday with only the Saturday highlights starting before 2300

9 hours ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

A shame he's had to retire at a relatively young age. The neck is an especially delicate area and if it's potentially the difference between him walking or not walking in later life, completely the correct decision. I'm sure he'll have some sort of backroom job at Blues in the near future if he wants it.

Based on his appearances so far, he'll make a fortune as a pundit if he fancies that.

The comments from the media, fans, past and current players about Warburton have been a bit over the top. He is according to them the best flanker ever to play rugby, the best player of his generation and has never failed to influence any match he has played in. The Welsh fans are also still upset/bitter about his red card at the 2011 world cup after he dropped the French player on his head as they would of beaten the All Blacks in the final

Decent pundit tbh

at 26-12 down with a minute to go (were 26-0 down at one point). A penalty try and two for Farndale sees Scotland head into tomorrows quarter final v the winners of South Africa(top seeds) and Ireland 

While I’m disappointed Alba lost their coverage some of the comments on Twitter/Facebook are ridiculous. Presumably, S4C are paying more money than Alba were willing to offer. Both channels receive separate funding and the league will just be looking for the best deal.

I’d be interested to know the details of the deal with Premier Sports though. They were never announced as having exclusive rights to showing the Pro 14 however, between S4C and the games that will be shown on FreeSports, you would expect that to greatly reduce the number of subscriptions Premier Sports would have hoped to sell in Wales.

The Pro 14 have announced that they are going to keep the conferences the same this season, which is a shame. I know there’s a limit to the shuffling they can do, with separating clubs from the same countries evenly, but at least a couple of changes would have kept it varied.

I don't the conference system as they always lead to odd fixture lists. This season Glasgow play Munster at home in September and away in October, then won’t see them for the rest of the season. We also don’t play either Ulster or Leinster at all until the final three games of the season in April. It's hard to feel part of the same league when you go so long without playing certain teams.

Edited by Jaggy Snake