Rugby Union

kiwififer

We were very dece. Horne and Hastings tore them apart first half. Bradbury needs to be heavily involved in the Autumn with Barclay out. Argentina were pathetic first half but you can only beat what's in front of you.

And just turned on the league for 10 minutes and NZ were as half-arsed as you'll see. Not surprising when most of their big names dropped out very early after the squad was announced. Origin tomorrow!

Just watched the Scotland game, fantastic attacking performance, against an Argie team who have obviously chucked and it being the coaches last game after a horrendous run. Thats the worst Argentina team I can remember seeing ever, but not to take anything away from a great Scottish performance. I think last week we underestimated USA who are vastly improved, but forwards this week dominated, Horne who was great last week stepped up again, Hastings was better and took more responisblity and the 2 ran the show.

I think Hastings just needs a decent run of games at Glasgow as he just needs the experience.

We have definately found some players that will add to the squad and will be pushing to be starters Kinghorn, Bradbury, Horne should all be part of the squad going forward and Carmichael & Ritchie will be there or there abouts

Edit to add thought Brown had a great game in the back row also

Edited by honestly united

5 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Just watched the Scotland game, fantastic attacking performance, against an Argie team who have obviously chucked and it being the coaches last game after a horrendous run. Thats the worst Argentina team I can remember seeing ever, but not to take anything away from a great Scottish performance. I think last week we underestimated USA who are vastly improved, but forwards this week dominated, Horne who was great last week stepped up again, Hastings was better and took more responisblity and the 2 ran the show.

I think Hastings just needs a decent run of games at Glasgow as he just needs the experience.

We have definately found some players that will add to the squad and will be pushing to be starters Kinghorn, Bradbury, Horne should all be part of the squad going forward and Carmichael & Ritchie will be there or there abouts

I thought Brown was good as well, in fact probably his most effective game in months actually. 

8 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Will hastings be the main man at glasgow as of next season? 

1 hour ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Will hastings be the main man at glasgow as of next season? 

As far as I can tell its him, Jackson and P Horne as 10's, so should get plenty game time unless they bring anyone else in. I would have added Thompson but dont think Rennie rates him, i thought he looked good when he was on loan to us, but has only been in about 2 squads since Rennie took over.

I think Brandon Thompson's days are numbered at Glasgow as he doesn't seem to really be involved in many of the match day squads. Last time I remember him playing was down at the Ospreys during the autumn tests in November.

I hope Hastings can nail that 10 shirt. He was good yesterday but hopefully his form continues. Jacko can share between 10 and 15. Hopefully Rennie starts to realise that P. Horne can play 10 vs Zebre, S. Kings etc but in major games he is a centre.

Depth at the back row is becoming as varied at centre which is pleasing. However, I'm still not sure about Denton tbh.

4 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Surely something has too be done about this, correct decision should be to give a scrum to NZ, not just award the try

there is no law about the ref getting in the road of a defender.  I think he got it right( i hate Lacey) as the French srum half was in an offside position as he had left the scrum early at was playing the ref before the ball left the scrum 

In case anyone's interested in watching a bit more rugby in the flesh, worth knowing that Edinburgh's season ticket prices are great, especially if you have kids. It's £185 for the ten Pro14 matches and the three Champions Cup games, and you can get an under-16s season ticket free. £14.25 a game for an adult and child is brilliant. I can't make enough matches for it to be worth it but I thought I'd let youse fine people know. 

And no, I'm not on commission...

In case anyone's interested in watching a bit more rugby in the flesh, worth knowing that Edinburgh's season ticket prices are great, especially if you have kids. It's £185 for the ten Pro14 matches and the three Champions Cup games, and you can get an under-16s season ticket free. £14.25 a game for an adult and child is brilliant. I can't make enough matches for it to be worth it but I thought I'd let youse fine people know. 
And no, I'm not on commission...

Shame the same can’t be said of Glasgow season tickets, significantly more expensive, two away games at Murrayfield instead of one and no free ticket to preseason game.

26 minutes ago, ddfg said:

Shame the same can’t be said of Glasgow season tickets, significantly more expensive, two away games at Murrayfield instead of one and no free ticket to preseason game.

As soon as they realised they were filling the stadium they hoiked the prices right up. The season just passed was the first time I haven't seen them play at least one game at home in nearly 20 years.