Rugby Union

kiwififer

8 hours ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:
8 hours ago, ajwffc said:
Sky has the rights to the World Sevens series

Thank you very much.

It will more than likely be on Sky Sports action  

Seeing Clive Woodwards comments criticising the Barbarians game as a circus and embarrassing to professional rugby. He really is a numpty isn't he? Perhaps it would have been less embarrassing if England had turned up and played the game against a team thrown together. Or maybe if England would consider the effects of a stupidly tough club season and Eddie 'drill sergeant' Jones training camps. Woodward managed to outstrip the New Zealand Herald's criticism of Pat Lamm for worst opinion piece in a newspaper this week which was good going.

1 hour ago, flyingscot said:

Edinburgh being busy. New temporary stands on back pitches making a 7.6K stadia around a 3G pitch. 

New logo (which was fag packet) and colours of orange and blue it seems....

Blue, White  and "Burnt" Orange

with no mention of how much of each or crucially which shade of blue

I couldn't find any other rugby teams with similar colours but Ralph Lauren will sell you this

5b0ff4a2a78d4_RalphLauren.jpeg.b77388e6b89cb25bbbf057cc9d0c096c.jpeg

So I looked for teams in other sports that are using that scheme

The Denver Broncos have it nailed

Broncos.jpg.a7e765d518068c7767b82c33990a9578.jpg

The Edmunton Oilers not so much

Edmunton.jpg.fcfb7c501c4472b4163ad05603f72ac0.jpg

This Indian T20 shirt manages to make orange look relatively subtle 

India.jpg.7b11dca6708740e3fe78447b1c5e80d9.jpg

While you'd have to be a Feyernoord die hard to like this blue and orange effort 

Feyenoord-.jpg.9e4564140721d8f3dc942a6bff9d6ffb.jpg

The New York Mets make it work in long trousers

nymets.jpg.d0ce7cab2304fd79ff0062690a2469a3.jpg

The worst thing to do seems to be to go for a pale blue

Marlins.jpg.65bad80dccd553e23b3d09b26c64b41a.jpgClippers.jpg.a284d3550f6fb7c6fd8b479930178516.jpg

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Edinburgh being busy. New temporary stands on back pitches making a 7.6K stadia around a 3G pitch. 
New logo (which was fag packet) and colours of orange and blue it seems....
Scarlets will be working on a statement about the pitch as we speak

19 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It is a dark blue from the Twitter. I'm presuming the image below is simply missing the pantone colours that a professional would use. However they have been marketing themselves as Black and Red Army. Pretty drastic change to the blue and err orange army. 

It is a dark blue from the Twitter. I'm presuming the image below is simply missing the pantone colours that a professional would use. However they have been marketing themselves as Black and Red Army. Pretty drastic change to the blue and err orange army. 

Glasgow took about a decade to crossfade from Light blue to where they are now

I couldn't find any other rugby teams with similar colours but Ralph Lauren will sell you this
5b0ff4a2a78d4_RalphLauren.jpeg.b77388e6b89cb25bbbf057cc9d0c096c.jpeg
So I looked for teams in other sports that are using that scheme
The Denver Broncos have it nailed
Broncos.jpg.a7e765d518068c7767b82c33990a9578.jpg
The Edmunton Oilers not so much
Edmunton.jpg.fcfb7c501c4472b4163ad05603f72ac0.jpg
This Indian T20 shirt manages to make orange look relatively subtle 
India.jpg.7b11dca6708740e3fe78447b1c5e80d9.jpg
While you'd have to be a Feyernoord die hard to like this blue and orange effort 
Feyenoord-.jpg.9e4564140721d8f3dc942a6bff9d6ffb.jpg
The New York Mets make it work in long trousers
nymets.jpg.d0ce7cab2304fd79ff0062690a2469a3.jpg
The worst thing to do seems to be to go for a pale blue
Marlins.jpg.65bad80dccd553e23b3d09b26c64b41a.jpgClippers.jpg.a284d3550f6fb7c6fd8b479930178516.jpg

Burnt orange basturts!

And in further SRU news, the 3rd 1872 fixture won't alternate, so Edinburgh get home advantage... Glasgow and the west shafted yet again! No doubt another nonsense kick off time which saw folk struggle to get home by public transport. Joy. 

And in further SRU news, the 3rd 1872 fixture won't alternate, so Edinburgh get home advantage... Glasgow and the west shafted yet again! No doubt another nonsense kick off time which saw folk struggle to get home by public transport. Joy. 

So it’s a price hike and still one game fewer on the season ticket next season, wonderful!

21 hours ago, flyingscot said:

Glasgow took about a decade to cross fade from Light blue with bits of Black and white to Black with bits of light blue and white so nobody noticed.

I think they’re trying to pitch Murrayfield as a neutral venue for the final 1872 game. Doesn’t seem to be working with a lot of Glasgow fans judging by replies on twitter. A price hike and a game fewer than what was promised last season.

I think they’re trying to pitch Murrayfield as a neutral venue for the final 1872 game. Doesn’t seem to be working with a lot of Glasgow fans judging by replies on twitter. A price hike and a game fewer than what was promised last season.

Presumably Edinburgh’s home game is at little Murrayfield but the neutral one is at Big Murrayfield

I would find it easier to feel sorry for Glaswegians if I had never been to matches against the Old Firm at the “neutral” venue of Hampden

Little Murrayfield won’t be built in time for the new season. Both games will be played on ‘the international pitch’ at Murrayfield.

The situation with playing Celtic/Rangers at Hampden and Glasgow having to play Edinburgh at Murrayfield as a neutral venue are completely different. While Celtic and Rangers get the lions share of the stadium they don’t play there every other week.