Rugby Union

kiwififer

To begin with getting into the principality was a nightmare queue for just over an hour to get in. Atmosphere was fairly decent. The performance was shocking. I was behind the posts and the size of the gaps Welsh players were running through time and time again was ridiculous. Jonny Gray, huw jones and maybe Hogg and Watson had ok games. Cian Harris and price were poor. I felt Russel was kicking and spraying passes around that just weren't working and the handling errors were shocking. The intercept try just completely stole the wind from our sails and we never recovered.

Wales I thought didn't play well but then again I don' think they needed to. If they play like that against England or Ireland they will lose. If we play the way we did we can receive wooden spoon. Let' hope Townsend sorts them out

5 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd String said:

But he's right though. Build ourselves up and then hilariously fall flat on our face. Our history is littered with it. Accept it. We are a pathetic wee country.

Is that right aye?

You and you're sort can f@ck right off.

The biggest problem wi Scotland is that we have an unfortunate  tendency for producing self loathing cretins.

They get called unionists by folk when they use polite speak .

Tom English has just torn Scotland's performance to shreds in a BBC column this morning. Thoughts? Harsh? Fair?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42937248
Accurate sumation re. Yesterday's game. However, this might have been a very good thing to happen. I still think we will pull a couple of surprises out the bag.

I'm really struggling to find positives from yesterday and enthusiasm for rest of tournament. Are the autumn internationals just played at half pace without full mental fortitude? If not, why do Wales always get done by Oz in Cardiff. We have talent but we seem to lack leadership and any kind of toughness. We also panic when we go behind but we didn't against NZ. So many questions, so many contradictions and tbh feel really flat

52 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I'm really struggling to find positives from yesterday and enthusiasm for rest of tournament. Are the autumn internationals just played at half pace without full mental fortitude? If not, why do Wales always get done by Oz in Cardiff. We have talent but we seem to lack leadership and any kind of toughness. We also panic when we go behind but we didn't against NZ. So many questions, so many contradictions and tbh feel really flat

Me too mate. Actually watched a recording of it after the football, f**k knows why I went through the entire 80 minutes.

Price, McGuigan, Harris, Russell and Du Preez all stand out for the wrong reasons. Would start with Laidlaw without hesitation for France, he may be an unfashionable scrum half but by Jesus did we miss his leadership yesterday. Think someone asked the question whether we'd have been 14-0 down with him on, and I've got to agree it's very unlikely.

Is Strauss injured? Du Preez had the presence of a fucking toddler. Harris was way out of his depth, anyone know of Dunbar/Bennett/Taylor's current fitness? Would also start with Maitland over McGuigan. Whilst McGuigan was feeding off scraps the entire game, his running off decent counter attacking ball was extremely poor.