Darts...

Sideshow

What did I say about Andy Smith being no mug ? The only mugs are people that write him off.

Well Van Der Voort should have beaten him in the first round - he just bottled the doubles in the end. Three attempts further away from their target you will struggle to see.

Colin Lloyd pisses me off, so don't mind seeing him lose.

Thought Andy Smith played brilliantly in the last couple of sets to seal his place in the next round, well done to him.

He played well against VDV as well. If he didn't then, VDV's missed doubles wouldn't matter as Smith would have missed as well.

Lets also ignore that Smith beat VDV in legs that both men were playing well in.

Andy Smith is a very good player and his very good form this year has shown that. It takes a mug to write him off.

Andy Smith is a very good player and his very good form this year has shown that. It takes a mug to write him off.

Note to DomDom - "backing an opponent of a player does not constitute "writing him off"".

Edited by H_B

The commentators are saying he didn't stand on the black bit, but Lewis' foot certainly went over it, even if he didn't land on it. Anderson was quite right to moan.

Oh, commentator now notices it. Took three replays. Well done.

Adrian Lewis has been much better with his attitude on the stage, which the commentators have shown no problem pointing out.

Been another cracker for this tournament. We've had plenty so far. Probably had more great matches than any other tourney this year and it's not even out of the second match of the second round.

Gary Anderson threw that match away there

To be fair a format where you start and end with doubles sounds like Ando's worst nightmare :lol:

Is Gary getting better at his doubles ? Seems to be a great scorer but lets himself down with the finishing. Hopefully, he'll continue to get better on TV and be a threat at the World Champs.

If you are being realistic Anderson isn't going to be a threat at the World's nor any TV event in the near to distant future. His doubling is just shit and I don't see it changing much.

I backed Lewis e/w at the start of the tournament but never realised he was on Taylor's side of the draw. Can't see an upset here although hopefully he can give him a game.

I cant take to Anderson at all. Theres something about him that i dont like and also he never looks like he will win a tournament. Id love to see Priestley win it but im sure Taylor will put him out if they meet.

Does anyone know how Barney is doing these days? Is he over his depression or whatever it was that was affecting him.

He is still not even remotely close to the player he was when he beat Taylor in the best final of all time a couple of years back.

Fortunate to get past Tabern in the first round and Newton will give him a game tonight. For me he will get to the semi's at best and looks something of a spent force. Lacks the mentality and the toys go out the pram when he playing poorly.