Darts...

Sideshow

Every time Ovens looks like he could actually do something in a match he bottles it, so frustrating to watch.

He always looks incredibly calm too. He looks so loose you'd think he could melt at any moment.

Feels like a 9 darter in the air this week surely?

Watched bits and bobs of the games last night and it was nice to see Lloyd playing well again because he has been pretty rank on TV for far too long. Anderson and Lewis is set up for a tasty one as well.

Went for Walsh, Newton, MVG, McGowan and Baxter acca and 4 folds tonight.

Feels like a 9 darter in the air this week surely?

Watched bits and bobs of the games last night and it was nice to see Lloyd playing well again because he has been pretty rank on TV for far too long. Anderson and Lewis is set up for a tasty one as well.

Went for Walsh, Newton, MVG, McGowan and Baxter acca and 4 folds tonight.

Got Walsh, Painter, Baxter and King.

Knowing my luck, that w**k Osborne will burst it :angry:

Prediction for this first match will be Jamie Caven.

RESULT : JAMIE CAVEN 0-2 WES NEWTON

* I feel like taking that prediction back now. Wes Newton is finishing quite well here while Caven really hasn't gotten a grip of the opening doubles yet, and it's costing him badly.

ANDY HAMILTON 2-1 MARK WALSH

Set One : 3-1

Set Two : 2-3

Set Three : 2-2

* Good start to this match with both guys looking like they're gonna both score well and finish, since Walsh missed his by a bawhair.

* Prediction is Mark Walsh btw. I'm 0 for 1. :(

* Andy Hamilton SO close to a 170 in the second leg. Second shot at that in this night's play. He does finish shortly after.

* This set should be over. Criminal stuff from Hamilton there to allow Walsh back into the set.

* Mark Walsh does the same favour for Andy Hamilton and as a result, he manages to take the lead in the match by winning the first set.

* Second set was gripping stuff. Way good stuff with some great darts from both men. Good to see Walsh finding his way.

* Dramatic ending to the match here, which is fitting for such an enthralling match. You knew this was gonna be good, but now I'm 0 for 2. :(

KEVIN PAINTER 2-0 MICHAEL VAN GERWEN

Set One : 3-2

Set Two : 3-1

* I'm predicting a Kevin Painter win here.

* Ridiculous first leg with both men missing doubles all over the shop. Painter's scoring was fine, but he allowed MVG to catch up with him. No such trouble in leg two.

* This isn't the same Kevin Painter that we seen earlier in the year. MVG is the usual hit and miss guy he usually is, but Painter isn't punishing him enough when he's not scoring as well.

* Thank the lord for that ! I thought MVG was gonna snatch the set there. Painter takes it though. Please let me get this one right !

* Super 140 finish from Painter in the second set to make it 1-1 in legs, and I really hope that this turns things around.

* Thank the lord.

MERVYN KING 2-0 COLIN OSBORNE

Set One : 3-2

Set Two : 3-2

* I'm going to predict King for this one. 1 for 3 so far, which isn't much of a good score so far.

* Osborne is looking just as good as he did during the UK Open, which is giving King something to think about.

* Osborne has turned things up a notch in the second set, which is worrying as King was definately faltering towards the end of the first set.

* I'm getting worried here. Mervyn King goes back to the bottom right of the board, even though he messed up so badly down there. What a twonk.

* Osborne ended up being something of a challenge, but thankfully King held it together to win the match and make it 2 for 4.

MICK McGOWAN 0-2 JACKO BARRY

Set One : 2-3

Set Two : 2-3

* I'm gonna predict McGowan to win this one since he really was a quality player at one point. If he can turn that on, he'll win this.

* Mick McGowan didn't get off well at all and it was very costly because it meant that Barry was able to break right off the bat.

* Jacko Barry is playing some terrific darts at the moment and McGowan is just not at the races I'm afraid. He's starting the legs in great fashion. Clinical stuff from him.

* McGowan has turned things on BIG time, and those last two great legs from him has brought him right back into this match, and Barry seems to be buckling a bit under pressure.

* Horrendous but weirdly watchable last leg in the set, with criminal stuff from both men, but Jacko Barry comes through in the end. The nerves had those guys big time there.

* I think I'd rather see this match finish in this leg than watch more of this. Both men are playing more bad than good and some of these darts are all over the place. Plus, James Wade is on soon.

* Can either of these guys get anywhere near the bull ? Thank the lord that Jacko Barry ended this nightmare. It does mean that I'm 2 for 5 though.

JAMES WADE 1-2 DENNIS PRIESTLEY

Set One : 1-3

Set Three : 2-3

* It's always dodgy predicting Wade in a set format. He has played poorly in set matches, even though he has made World Championships latter stages. I'm gonna go with him here though. It has to end eventually.

* REALLY unlucky on 141 to win the first set, but James Wade let him back in to win it anyways. James Wade started that one brilliant. Dennis is looking very good here though and Wade hasn't really got out of the blocks.

* Another enthralling match here.

* That was an absolutely terrific match of darts. Sometimes the quality dipped a wee bit but the drama was there through the whole thing. Super.

RAYMOND VAN BARNEVELD 2-1 ALAN TABERN

Set One : 0-3

Set Three : 3-2

* This should be a tough, tough match. I'm going to go with Barney because he has shown in recent tournaments just how good he is.

* 3 for 7 in predictions, and that was another absolute beauty of a match.

RONNIE BAXTER 0-2 STEVE BEATON

Set One : 0-3

Set Two : 1-3

* Beaton has been pretty good this year, but so has Baxter. I'm going to go with Baxter as he has held it together in front of the cameras more. I said that about Part yesterday though.

* See what I mean ?

Edited by DomDom

Will need to watch the Newton/Caven match when they repeat it as I didn't get home in time - thought the Hamilton/Walsh match was decent enough though couldn't believe that Walsh was going for the wrong double at the end!