Darts...

Sideshow

Proper darts here between Caven and Bowles nice pace to it.

Caven hits 4 180s in 4 legs and still loses the set!

Yep, super game. Good timing to watch it, as I'm just back from Cowdenbeath. Caven taking out a 110 finish to save the second set, at 2-2, with Bowles waiting on tops.

Lets hope they maintain this standard.

I take it you missed the Caven game tonight?

No, I saw it. Regardless, even if I had missed it, there's really no excuses for losing to a qualifier in the first round of the Worlds. Bowles took out some good shots and Caven started on fire, but when it comes down to when it matters he didn't have enough once again.

No, I saw it. Regardless, even if I had missed it, there's really no excuses for losing to a qualifier in the first round of the Worlds. Bowles took out some good shots and Caven started on fire, but when it comes down to when it matters he didn't have enough once again.

I would suggest that you're being extremely unfair to Caven, and a bit disrespectful towards Bowles performance. Caven certainly has struggled on television many times, but it's pretty hard to make a significant criticism of him tonight.

He averaged 94.15, which has been bettered by only 7 player this week. That's a higher average than 13 of the players who have won in the 1st Round. Both players played well, but Bowles finished brilliantly at the right moments and would have beaten most of the players who have come before this week.

If I was Caven I would look to take the positives from that it was by far his best TV performance and he can build on that. He was excellent in the Champions League of Darts as well.

Bowles has played the circuit all year and taken some notable scalps and of course had to come through a tough qualifier to even get to the prelim stage so he's no mug.

There was one leg over 18 darts or something it was just one of those games that unfortunately there had to be a loser.

To just simply say "Caven should have won" would suggest you DIDN'T watch the game. Most of the seeds who went through will be thinking "thank f**k I didn't get him". The only question Caven will ask will be "how did I draw the short straw?!".