Darts...

Sideshow

Lovely 121 from the Dream Boy(Flying Scotsman is a shit nickname) to lead 3-2 at the break. It was inevitable he would give away the first leg but he looks to have settled the nerves and hopefully can kick on from here.

Excellent performance from Gazza. Averaged just under 100 and threw some cracking darts. At times he looks like he can't miss the 60. That said still prone to the odd daft leg and the doubles are never a sure thing. However, he is without doubt one of the highest scorers out there if his doubles/nerves continue to improve he should be in the Premier League some time soon.

Anderson is a stick on for the PL next year.

Just checked the rankings and he's only 53. Like to see him in the PL but it looks like it would have to be an invite a la Klassen. BTW how does Terry Jenkins become 6 in the world. Don't follow the non telly tournaments that closely but he must do well in them as he never wins a thing on the box.

I can't say for certain but over the last couple of years Jenkins has been in finals and the latter stages of quite a few majors which I think would have seen him up in the top 6 despite poor performances on the floor. I'm sure DomDom or the like will clarify.

Regarding Anderson I meant to say a stick on in terms of a wild card not in terms of his world ranking at the time of the PL players being announced. Expect no order though in the Scottish legs of the tournament the places will be going even more ape shit than usual with Anderson playing.

VVV leads an out of sorts John Part 6-4 at the second break.

I have a pretty good list handy of where players have gotten to in the floor tournaments. Terry Jenkins doesn't actually get into the latter stages of the floor tournaments an awful lot, at least not recently. He had a good season and a half which seen him win some major money. He's basically been dining on that for a while, but he's going to have to defend most of that money soon.

Colin Lloyd really hasn't taken his game to the big stage recently, and it's no surprise what we're seeing here. Lewis wasn't at his best after that first break but he still did just enough to keep ahead of a dire Lloyd.

Painter's arse is gonna fall off btw.

Going to watch the Lewis match first thing tomorrow morning just to see how good he was. Always good to see Denis Ovens do well in the telly tournaments, though not necessarily at the expense of Priestley.

Predictions for the two sessions today:

Mervyn King 13-6 Steve Beaton

Vincent van der Voort 9-13 Wayne Mardle

Terry Jenkins 13-7 Denis Ovens

Ronnie Baxter 13-8 Alan Tabern

Raymond van Barneveld 13-6 Mark Walsh

James Wade 13-11 Gary Anderson