Darts...

Sideshow

Gonna take a punt at the latter rounds...

Phil Taylor vs. Vincent Van Der Voort

Andy Hamilton vs. Mark Webster

Wes Newton vs. Justin Pipe

Dean Winstanley vs. Dave Chisnall

Robert Thornton vs. Andy Smith

Raymond Van Barneveld vs. Kim Huybrechts

Michael Van Gerwen vs. Kevin Painter

James Wade vs. Mark Walsh

Phil Taylor vs. Andy Hamilton

Wes Newton vs. Dean Winstanley

Robert Thornton vs. Raymond Van Barneveld

Michael Van Gerwen vs. James Wade

Phil Taylor vs. Wes Newton

Raymond Van Barneveld vs. James Wade

Phil Taylor to beat Barney in the final.

I hope Wade gets pumped out early doors. Sick of seeing him go far hitting 93 and 94 averages. Most of the big hitters are either off form and or lack bottle though.

Can see Ando grinning his way to defeat. Wouldn't be a huge surprise to me if Lewis lost, but anytime I've seen Thornton play him Lewis has had his number.

I think it depends on what Lewis turns up. Thornton will feel good after getting his first major and has had a couple of decent showings since then. If Lewis doesn't have the head screwed on, and so often he doesn't, then Thornton has a chance.

James Wade could well avoid big hitters for a bit. Although in saying that, I'm not sure why I'm tipping him to reach the semi finals.

Watching the dugs on Sky there and Manley reckons Wes Newton will win it!?

Can't see past Taylor as usual. Barney has been playing some really consistent stuff lately. Won the Shetland Masters beating Taylor on the way and that tournament over in Germany a couple of weeks ago, plus hes in the other half of the draw. Whoever wins Huybrechts Jenkins will have a run too IMO. I'd imagine Wade will be thereabouts. Not sure Chisnall has the bottle to win it. Scores lovely but has struggled against the grinders like Hamilton, Thornton and Mark Walsh. Feel he'll slip up somewhere.

Edited by MTJ

Strong feeling Barney will get to the final on that side of the draw. Ritchie will punt Wade out I reckon.

You could make a claim for most players in the field these days that they could have a run if Taylors off his game it really is anyones tournament.

I make the Quarters

Taylor Hammer

Newton Chizzy

Barney Thornton

MVG Burnett

Would obviously love Taylor off the boil and Merv on top of his game 1st round likesy.

I actually like Mike Smiths chances of causing an upset v Barney. I know ts only down the pub, but I've seen him throw some outrageous darts of late. He's as good as Chizzy in the pub, just needs a but more exposure and he'll be one to watch!

I actually like Mike Smiths chances of causing an upset v Barney. I know ts only down the pub, but I've seen him throw some outrageous darts of late. He's as good as Chizzy in the pub, just needs a but more exposure and he'll be one to watch!

4 or 5 years ago, betting on the first round or two at most PDC tournaments would make you a fortune. Now the field is that good, rarely do you get a "NAP". Smith strikes me as one of those guys with plenty of ability but just lacks the on stage experience.

I remember the game against Barney he had on ITV4 where he was reeling off big finishes. I thought after that game he might come onto something. He has had some good runs since then but ultimately not done enough.

Shame really.

Very nervous here from both sides Nicholson really is a shadow of his form self can't see him coming back in all honesty.

Ambitious treble of Jenkins, Thornton and Burnett for me over the first two days 10er returns 200.

10er on Barney 12's, 5er on Jenkins 40's and 5er on Burnett 100's for the tourney fur interest.