Darts...

Sideshow

Even when he was coming back into it for that 11-9 leg, he was still just chucking them in there with no real confidence. He needs to get sorted during the break.

This match has been really, really good.

Well, what a match that was. I see Barney's went off on a strop as well - why does he act like a 5 year old sometimes?

EDIT: He came back onto the stage and I thought for a second he was giving his retirement speech. Very bizarre to say the least.

Edited by The Naitch

I see Barney's went off on a strop as well - why does he act like a 5 year old sometimes?

Taylor almost had to coax a handshake out of him. What a bell end.

I just sort of gave up on watching when the final was done. What did he say ?

Taylor almost had to coax a handshake out of him. What a bell end.

I just sort of gave up on watching when the final was done. What did he say ?

Seriously strange little speech from the Dutchman. He conducted a Taylor love-in that even Taylor himself would be embarrassed about (and he's had to put up with Waddell for the last 20 years).

Said that he's been depressed over the last couple of months. He's got serious issues, I reckon - and that needs to be addressed.

Sky Sports News will have excerpts of it if you switch over - that's how strange it was.

This is bad. He should seriously consider dropping from the World Matchplay if he is battling depression. That isn't something you want to leave boiling.

The way he chucked the game last night was a disgrace.This is the second time ive seen him give up during a match.His brown noseing of taylor was cringeworthy.

It was an awesome game last nigh Disappointed it didnt go all the way but not to be.

I really feel for Barney sometimes when i see him. He has some real issues and if only he could get them sorted he could really give 'the power' a headache in most tournaments

The way he chucked the game last night was a disgrace.This is the second time ive seen him give up during a match.His brown noseing of taylor was cringeworthy.

Having slept on it, I'm still utterly bemused by his behaviour. Frankly it's shocking behaviour from a 5-time World Champion to be visibly giving up on a match like that.

I think he needs to take a sabbatical after the World Matchplay and really get his head sorted out.

What did he say in his speech I turned off after Taylor hit the winning dart.

When he threw in the towel though that was a disgrace and a real two fingers up to the people who had paid good money to see the final at the Mandalay Bay. If he had stuck in on those legs where he was throwing it away who knows what the outcome would have been?

Why would he be depressed? He seems to be happily married, is a millionaire and in every other game of the tournament had a smile on his face, especially in the semi.

What did he say in his speech I turned off after Taylor hit the winning dart.

When he threw in the towel though that was a disgrace and a real two fingers up to the people who had paid good money to see the final at the Mandalay Bay. If he had stuck in on those legs where he was throwing it away who knows what the outcome would have been?

Why would he be depressed? He seems to be happily married, is a millionaire and in every other game of the tournament had a smile on his face, especially in the semi.

He said taylor was the best player he had ever played and the best player ever.and some other gash.Was embarrasing i wish i had turned off after taylor hit the winning dart.Even taylor looked embarrased.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsZrZsWkdzc

If you dare to watch

• 2 weeks later...

Start of the World Matchplay from the glorious Winter Gardens in Blackpool. I'll miss the first match or so thanks to work, but should see the back end of Lloyd/Jones and all of King/Dudbridge.

Here's how I think tonight's matches will go (best of 19 legs, must win by two clear legs):

Adrian Lewis 10-7 Co Stompe

Colin Lloyd 11-9 Wayne Jones

Mervyn King 10-4 Mark Dudbridge

Edited by The Naitch

Start of the World Matchplay from the glorious Winter Gardens in Blackpool. I'll miss the first match or so thanks to work, but should see the back end of Lloyd/Jones and all of King/Dudbridge.

Here's how I think tonight's matches will go (best of 19 legs, must win by two clear legs):

Adrian Lewis 10-7 Co Stompe

Colin Lloyd 11-9 Wayne Jones

Mervyn King 10-4 Mark Dudbridge

Good start.

Some cracking darts, just the tonic to get over the heart breaking golf. :(

Dudbridge apparently has a shoulder problem as well.

I'm on Jones here at 11/8 and Lloyd is certainly there for the taking if only Jones could finish. Took out the D18 there to bring it back to 3-2 so hopefully he is over his double trouble.

Is Lloydy gassed in this interview or still feeling the effects of swine flu?

He looks and sounds absolutely guttered one way or the other.

Haha i was about to say the exact same thing, he must me blazing as he forgot his customary 'the old colin lloyd is back' line, swiftly followed by a next round beating.