Darts...

Sideshow

I'm not sure either of those players fully deserve to be in the Premier League next year. Anderson will still probably be in it right enough.

Don't know so much.

He's defending a hell of a lot of prize money this year. On this form he wont get close to defending any of it!

Shite game but credit to Hamilton, there's probably not any other player in the world I'd back more to hit that 102 he took out to get the point. If there was a player with Hamilton's bottle and Anderson's ability they'd be unstoppable.

I don't even think a player with Hammers bottle and Andos ability would get near the freak that is Philip Douglas Taylor in all honesty.

Really looking forward to the UK Open and seeing the likes of Hiybrechts, Deano, Hankey, Chizzy etc it's about this time in the PL it gets a bit boring watching the same guys every week.

Agreed. I've never really taken to it for that reason.

And I don't like play-offs.

I think what can be a little off-putting is that by this time it has invariably turned into a Taylor procession. The guy is awesome, but only Hamilton has got anywhere close to him in weeks. All the others can beat one another regularly, but Taylor really is in a league of his own. The playoffs can be ok if, like last year, a player(Lewis) can throw a spanner in the works. The interest left in the tournament for me is what will happen if Lewis and Wade meet again, there is increasing needle between the pair. Sky tried to build up the always one-sided Nicholson/Taylor battle, but this could be far more entertaining.

All the others can beat one another regularly, but Taylor really is in a league of his own.

Yeah, but there's a decent chance he will piss all over the competition for however many weeks and lose in the semi-finals.

The final winner of the playoffs might have scraped into last place in the semi line up having been piss for weeks. I just don't like that as a format - same as with Rugby League etc. I understand why the NFL do it, with the different conferences etc who can't play each other, but in an 8 team tournament, I think it's unfair.

UK Open Qualifier 5

Fourth Round

Andy Smith 6-3 Mark Jones

Adrian Lewis 6-5 Co Stompe

Justin Pipe 6-3 Andy Hamilton

Jamie Caven 6-3 Kevin Painter

James Richardson 6-0 Gary Anderson

Terry Jenkins 6-5 Robert Thornton

Raymond van Barneveld 6-5 Simon Whitlock

Brendan Dolan 6-5 Darren Johnson

Quarter-Finals

Andy Smith 6-1 Adrian Lewis

Jamie Caven 6-5 Justin Pipe

Terry Jenkins 6-5 James Richardson

Raymond van Barneveld 6-5 Brendan Dolan

Semi-Finals

Andy Smith 6-4 Jamie Caven

Raymond van Barneveld 6-4 Terry Jenkins

Final

Raymond van Barneveld 6-3 Andy Smith

Good run for Thornton this weekend, won £1,200. Hankey pumped in the second round today by one of the big guns - Dave Ladley. Not going well at all so far for the Count sadly.

I really want Ted to do well but it's going as expected in all honesty he just doesn't have the consistent quality to make an impression on a Pro Tour event. You really need to be at the top of your game in every round it would seem.

Barney is back. I know Mallo gave him a bit of a ribbing the other night but let's face it no one is anywhere near Taylor at the minute but after that he's as good as anyone and not throwing in the towel anymore. Playing these Pro Tour events is working a treat for him as well and to come through that field both days shows you a man on top form. Fair play to him because I thought he was finished after the defeat to James Richardson but he is now going to be a credible challenger in majors.

Barney is back. I know Mallo gave him a bit of a ribbing the other night but let's face it no one is anywhere near Taylor at the minute but after that he's as good as anyone and not throwing in the towel anymore. Playing these Pro Tour events is working a treat for him as well and to come through that field both days shows you a man on top form. Fair play to him because I thought he was finished after the defeat to James Richardson but he is now going to be a credible challenger in majors.

Was just away to come on a post that. I've slated him regularly but those are two very good wins over a tough field at the weekend. Outwith Taylor, there probably won't be anyone on the tour who wins both events in a single weekend such is the strength in depth.

Hankey sucks, let's be honest.