Darts...

Sideshow

Think they were angered that he didn't sign the board. Their a bunch of p***ks. Taylor only does it when he wins.

Jesus christ. If that was Taylor you'd have been all over it. Nicholson does it and you couldn't give a f**k. What a hypocritical knob.

It is a poor way to do the tournament,england lost both singles to canada yet they go through in the doubles.Hopefully they revamp it next year.Or just play doubles all the way and not bother with singles.

Nicholson was on the verge of tears.

I like Nicholson but I thought he came across as a bellend last night and I would say he is on the verge of really getting on my tits if he continues all his shite. He's going to win the World's twice in the next 6 years was it? Him and Whitlock WILL win the World Cup in the future blah blah blah.

Time to stop talking the talk and actually walk the walk.

Back to playing darts now if I may.

How do you deal with your nerves on match day? Whilst practicing I throw darts well enough to be beating most of the dross in the division I play in. I accept some of these boys who throw poorly probably score as well as I do at the practice board but have the same problem when it's game on time.

I am usually good for a couple of 180s a week and hit plenty of ton plus's when playing at home or with the lads from the team before we go to the game.

When it starts I can guarantee i'll throw a 26 if i've hit a decent score with the last three i've thrown!

Back to playing darts now if I may.

How do you deal with your nerves on match day? Whilst practicing I throw darts well enough to be beating most of the dross in the division I play in. I accept some of these boys who throw poorly probably score as well as I do at the practice board but have the same problem when it's game on time.

I am usually good for a couple of 180s a week and hit plenty of ton plus's when playing at home or with the lads from the team before we go to the game.

When it starts I can guarantee i'll throw a 26 if i've hit a decent score with the last three i've thrown!

In time you get used to it. The only time recently nerves got the better of me was when I played against the team I used to play for and I was determined to put up a good performance against them. It wound up biting me on the arse and it was my worst performance of the season.

My ton plus record so far is fantastic. I've been hitting 120+ scores for fun. Still not hitting the 180s that I want though. Don't even do it in practice anymore. I've been put against some right belting players. Got myself down to an 18 darter a couple of weeks ago and the other guy took out a 16 to make sure I never got a shot at the 107.

EDIT: Basically, just try and play as much competitive darts as you can. The only way to beat it is to get used to it.

Edited by DomDom

Oddly enough i'm fine in the doubles as well. I played a week ago and didn't score under 80 (except with the double, which went in on the second dart). Got put on the next singles game and went to pieces throwing all over the place.

I do feel quite relaxed before I go up and my hand doesn't shake like a shitting dog or owt. Maybe I tighten up the shoulder or something.

I've had two 17 darters this season and an 18 darter on Monday night. I've downloaded a programme called DartPro for the laptop and it's been a huge help. My 3 dart avg is just over 56 which is pretty poor. My first 3 darts on Monday I scored 3 and next throw was 140 so a bit inconsistent..... :/

This sounds bizarre, but I done my research so no c**t tell me I'm wrong. I used to always play right handed, even though I write left handed and things like that, but everytime I'd play, I'd usually throw a bag of nails, then I done some research about what my dominant eye is, turns out mines is my left, so I've been playing left handed for about 4 months now, and I'm not great, but I'm better than I ever was right handed. The darts actually seem to group now, rather than one in the 20, one in the 12, and one in the treble 1.

I've had two 17 darters this season and an 18 darter on Monday night. I've downloaded a programme called DartPro for the laptop and it's been a huge help. My 3 dart avg is just over 56 which is pretty poor. My first 3 darts on Monday I scored 3 and next throw was 140 so a bit inconsistent..... :/

Ah, that Dart Pro sounds interesting. I'm thinking of putting a dartboard up, have one, but barely used it previously. That program seems like a good idea to help me get started. I haven't got any arrows though, need to look into getting some. Any recommendations for a beginner? I know it's quite a personal thing as I've been looking at a few options and with the different weights and the loading, but I just need something to get me started.