Darts...

Sideshow

The final was meh, the tension made it reasonably entertaining. Otherwise a shocking tournament full of gaffs and crap darts. Kist and Harms were probably the only success stories of it. The BDO trying to blackmail their players was the icing on the cake for me. As it stands next year will be the last televised Lakeside. Time thye accepted they were minor league.

The final was meh, the tension made it reasonably entertaining. Otherwise a shocking tournament full of gaffs and crap darts. Kist and Harms were probably the only success stories of it. The BDO trying to blackmail their players was the icing on the cake for me. As it stands next year will be the last televised Lakeside. Time thye accepted they were minor league.

It would be stupid to disagree with most of that, but at what price. The bear-pit that the PDC Worlds have become, where no-one in the audience appears to give a flying fuck about the darts?

Did you really expect anything less? An amateurish farce of an organisation stuck in the past and holding so many grudges. It's a good testing ground for young players but that's about it.

I'd like to see O'Shea, Hankey, Kist, Harms, Dekker, Winstanley and Waites make the switch.

Did you really expect anything less? An amateurish farce of an organisation stuck in the past and holding so many grudges. It's a good testing ground for young players but that's about it.

I'd like to see O'Shea, Hankey, Kist, Harms, Dekker, Winstanley and Waites make the switch.

Well, apparently Waites and Winstanley are for the off. No idea about the rest. Uncle Barry will be on the phone to Kist though. I reckon Harms could maybe do with another year in the BDO. I don't see O'Shea jumping, his pals Fitton and Robson are a pair of shite bags who don't have the bottle or probably the ability at this point in their careers.

The BDO are in their last year of their contract with the BBC, and then they are for the boot. I'm not sure ESPN will want to show it next year, Ted going will majorly effect viewing figures, Waites and Winstanley would be a massive blow too. Who wants to sponsor a tournament or a player too as a result if there is so little exposure? Bob Potter who owns the Lakeside I doubt will be happy to put up a quarter of a million pounds in prize money if the Lakeside isn't receiving much tv coverage.

Edited by MTJ