Darts...

Sideshow

Lets see how long I can keep this one up for. Can I just say how glad I am that Peter Wright is out ? He's not a colourful character. He's a colourful haircut. There's a difference.

MERVYN KING 6-3 LOUIS BLUNDELL

180s

King : None.

Blundell : None.

Over 40 Checkouts

King : 52, 52, 87

Blundell : 64

No danger of colourful characters or haircuts here. Louis Blundell has been doing the right darts at the right time, which is fair enough as he is the one that is in control of the match since he is the one throwing first. Might be worth watching out for his nerves though as that last checkout was very shifty.

What was that I was saying about the nerves there ? He completely blew a 60 finish on his own throw, basically handing Mervyn King a break of throw to make it 4-2. His darts were all over the place for the ninth leg, allowing King chance after chance at a double, and eventually he took one. Louis Blundell could become a name if he gets more chances on the big stages as it was really only the nerves that stopped him here.

ANDY HAMILTON 6-1 CHRIS WHITE

180s

Hamilton : 1

White : None.

Over 40 Checkouts

Hamilton : None.

White : None.

Will be interesting to see how Chris White does after the break. If he had gone in at 5-0 down, you know that he'd have just buckled big time, but now that he has a leg under his belt, he's bound to be feeling a bit better about himself. He has an almost impossible task here though. Andy Hamilton's scoring has been great. His finishing hasn't been great though and that might allow an opening if White steps the scoring up a wee bit.

Weird that White stole a leg when playing worse than he did in the last two legs. It'd appear that Hamilton stepped things up ever so slightly in order to deal with the challenge that White started to give after the break, although Hamilton really should not have finished the match as soon as he did. Chris White gave him the chances yet again.

MARK WALSH 4-6 PETER MANLEY

180s

Walsh : 1

Manley : 1

Over 40 Checkouts

Walsh : 150, 68, 78, 52

Manley : 100, 106, 90, 60, 82

This is fantastic darts, isn't it ? On a normal day, the way both of these guys are playing would be more than good enough to beat the opposition. This can go either way. Manley seems to be really enjoying his darts at the moment, and that might be making all of the difference for him at the moment. Mark Walsh is playing just as well as you would expect him to do, but what can he do about this ?

Teeeeeerrific dart to end a terrific match. Just look at that list of checkouts. Only in a Manley match will you get that sort of thing over a short distance. Mark Walsh's scoring was dodgy at times and that was essentially what handed the match to the typically clinical Peter Manley.

CO STOMPE 6-4 COLIN OSBORNE

180s

Stompe : 1

Osborne : 2

Over 40 Checkouts

Stompe : 70, 64

Osborne : 100, 110

This hasn't been a great match by any stretch. Infact, it's been rotten. One of them matches which promises quite a bit and ends up being absolutely dire. Of course it has the chance to step up after the break, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Horrible match.

Things improved after the break by a considerable margin, and if both men played like that before the break, we'd be talking about a match probably as good as the one that just happened between Manley and Walsh. Stompe was efficient as hell, scoring and finishing with equal ease, while Osborne was scoring pretty well but not able to finish with the same ease. Entertaining second half.

RAYMOND VAN BARNEVELD 6-2 BILL DAVIS

180s

Barney : 2

Davis : 1

Over 40 Checkouts

Barney : 110

Davis : None.

JAMES WADE 6-3 PHILLIP HAZEL

180s

Wade : 3

Hazel : 1

Over 40 Checkouts

Wade : 80, 83

Hazel : 61, 76

ADRIAN LEWIS 6-5 VINCENT VAN DER VOORT

180s

Lewis : 1

Vinny : 2

Over 40 Checkouts

Lewis : 164

Vinny : 81, 101

DARIN YOUNG 2-6 KEVIN PAINTER

180s

Young : 4

Painter : 3

Over 40 Checkouts

Young : 82

Painter : None.

Edited by DomDom

Anyone got a link to the full draw in terms of who plays who when they win etc. and route to the final?

Gone for a roll up on King, Hamilton, Walsh, Osborne, Lewis(eek!) and Painter tonight.

The 164 finish from Lewis is the best shot I have seen for a while to pull that out under such pressure was just unthinkable to be honest. Cracking game that.

Painter looked pretty good as well I thought and would fancy him to take King in the next round.

Anyone got a link to the full draw in terms of who plays who when they win etc. and route to the final?

Taylor vs Priestley

Newton vs Anderson

Part vs Klaasen

Jenkins vs Lloyd

Wade vs Hamilton

Lewis vs Manley

Barney vs Stompe

King vs Painter

That's the draw bracket there, starting with the 2nd round games tonight. The order of play is, of course, slightly different:

Wade vs Hamilton

Taylor vs Priestley

Lewis vs Manley

Part vs Klaasen

Newton vs Anderson

Barney vs Stompe

Jenkins vs Lloyd

King vs Painter

Not a bad game (on paper) amongst that lot. Should be a cracking session of darts.

Wade's face is a shade of red I'm sure I've never seen before. Things going with throw so far in his match with Hamilton. 2-1 to The Hammer as it stands.

*edited due to horrendous spelling...

Edited by The Naitch

Taylor vs Priestley

Newton vs Anderson

Part vs Klaasen

Jenkins vs Lloyd

Wade vs Hamilton

Lewis vs Manley

Barney vs Stompe

King vs Painter

That's the draw bracket there, starting with the 2nd round games tonight. The order of play is, of course, slightly different:

Wade vs Hamilton

Taylor vs Priestley

Lewis vs Manley

Part vs Klaasen

Newton vs Anderson

Barney vs Stompe

Jenkins vs Lloyd

King vs Painter

Not a bad game (on paper) amongst that lot. Should be a cracking session of darts.

QF's I would go

Taylor v Anderson

Klaassen v Lloyd

Wade v Lewis

Barney v Painter

Saw the start of the Anderson/Mardle match the other night. first 3 from Gary=26. What character to come back from that including that stunning 121 (i think) finish. Could someone please post the latest scores tonight. Stuck at work and cant follow it.