Darts...

Sideshow

Didn't see match (get it back on the BBC !) but seems to have been an exciting match. Glad to see Ted win but in a way disappointed to see the much hyped Scott Waites lose to a bloke who averaged 85. Do people expect more of Waites because of the GS win ? Is Waites the new Anderson ? Either way he needs to move to the PDC before it's too late. Ted too.

Didn't see match (get it back on the BBC !) but seems to have been an exciting match. Glad to see Ted win but in a way disappointed to see the much hyped Scott Waites lose to a bloke who averaged 85. Do people expect more of Waites because of the GS win ? Is Waites the new Anderson ? Either way he needs to move to the PDC before it's too late. Ted too.

Waites has averaged in the eighties on seven occasions at Lakeside and his best average on the stage there was 95, his next best 91. I would be willing to bet he doesn't switch, he must be a complete weirdo cause theres been plenty of opportunity to switch in the past and he hasn't.

He only got £4,250 for getting knocked out there. Thats peanuts, he would have gotten, 6 grand for losing in the first round of the PDC, the same as a losing quarter-finalist at Lakeside.

I thought it was poor. A lot of poor scoring and missed doubles.

Edited by MTJ

If we're being brutally honest Hankey would probably be knocked out in the first couple of rounds of Pro Tour events. He wouldn't make much of an impact in the PDC with his darts. Cracking character there is no denying but he's not good enough sadly.

I don't see many of the known players moving. Waites, O'Shea, Fitton have had ample time to move already, why would they suddenly go now? Winstanley might, since hes not been around long, but I still doubt it.

Edited by MTJ

The whole TV thing MIGHT be enough to finally say "enough is enough" to many. I still can't see Waites making the move, but Hankey has settled with the GSoD crowd which wasn't much better than the mental crowds that came later. Winstanley seemed to be making the noises at the weekend.

Bit of a shocker deano going out last night,i switched it off when he was 2 up and crusing,Chuck norris must of played a blinder.Winstanley will look to switch now imo.

Waites looks like he wants to win the lakeside at somepoint,never really preformed there,i think its too late for oshea to switch aswell.

Hope hankey wins the tournament now,another adams victory would be pretty boring.

Harms scores like a total mentalist. His finishing is a BIT shifty, but it's certainly good enough to compliment the battering of the 60.

Martin Adams a couple of years ago, you felt he'd be able to step it up if he had to. He doesn't seem to have that right now.