Darts...

Sideshow

Semi Finals ...

Kevin Painter vs. Colin Osbourne

Phil Taylor vs. Ronnie Baxter

Colin Osbourne is the only one who can beat Taylor this weekend, but Taylor has come into his groove big time. The main thing is that he seems to be opting for double tops rather than the 16s and 8s.

Semi Finals ...

Kevin Painter vs. Colin Osbourne

Phil Taylor vs. Ronnie Baxter

Well done that man, spot on with the predictions - caught the highlights when I got home from work and Osborne has now raced into a 3-0 lead in the final against Taylor. This game could be very tasty indeed.

They were not exactly hard predictions. They have been so far away from the competition.

Taylor has brought back two legs and is playing exceptionally well, yet Osborne is just not backing down. This could well be a stormer.

Phil Taylor was back to his best. Excellent to watch and nobody could handle him playing like that.

Colin Osbourne was a cut above the rest and deserved his place in the final. Overall, I really enjoyed that tournament. Viva Las Vegas !

20 qualifiers have been confirmed for the Desert Classic.

Phil Taylor

James Wade

Raymond Van Barneveld

John Part

Terry Jenkins

Mervyn King

Adrian Lewis

Alan Tabern

Dennis Priestley

Ronnie Baxter

Colin Lloyd

Wayne Mardle

Colin Osbourne

Kevin Painter

Andy Hamilton

Mark Walsh

Darin Young

Scott Burnett

Chris White

Bill Davis

Saw his napper in the paper as well, just lives up the road from me but I don't know him.

Bet you're glad I posted that insightful update... :P

EDIT: Just scanned across a couple of his results since jumping over and he's taken one or two scalps, though he's got a long way to go. Good luck to the lad.

Edited by The Naitch

Mark Walsh won the latest Players Championship today beating Andy Hamilton in the final after the Pieman won yesterday's event. Pieman hit a 9 darter en route.

Usual faces it would seem making the latter stages like Wayne Jones, Steve Beaton and you could throw Gary Anderson in to that as well.

Walsh really could put himself into the same bracket as the top three if he can take his floor game onto the stage and get a major under his belt.

Mark Walsh won the latest Players Championship today beating Andy Hamilton in the final after the Pieman won yesterday's event. Pieman hit a 9 darter en route.

Usual faces it would seem making the latter stages like Wayne Jones, Steve Beaton and you could throw Gary Anderson in to that as well.

Walsh really could put himself into the same bracket as the top three if he can take his floor game onto the stage and get a major under his belt.

Steve Beaton sort of fell away for a while there, but he has come onto a game again. Colin Osborne has also had a good couple of weeks after the amazing UK Open run that he had. Gary Anderson has been slowly but surely improving and is now bound to be playing in the World Matchplay next month.

Mark Walsh is someone who I hope really has a good showing on TV at some point in the near future, because the form he has shown this year has been terrific, and I think he has now flung TWO nine darters on the floor this year.

He's only £6,000 off the top six in the provisional OOM for Premier League places, so he has a real chance of making it into that if he carries on his form.

Six more qualifiers for the Desert Classic. They are ...

Jamie Caven

Jelle Klaasen

Peter Wright

Simon Whitlock

Vincent Van Der Voort

Co Stompe

Delighted to see Whitlock getting a shot at a major.

Six further qualifiers are ...

Peter Manley

Philip Hazel

Colin Monk

Gary Anderson

Wes Newton

Louis Blundell.

So the complete field is ...

PDC Top 16

Phil Taylor

James Wade

Raymond Van Barneveld

John Part

Terry Jenkins

Mervyn King

Adrian Lewis

Alan Tabern

Dennis Priestley

Ronnie Baxter

Colin Lloyd

Wayne Mardle

Colin Osborne

Kevin Painter

Andy Hamilton

Mark Walsh

North American Order of Merit

Darin Young

Scott Burnett

Chris White

Bill Davis

Qualifiers

Gary Anderson

Louis Blundell

Jamie Caven

Philip Hazel

Jelle Klaasen

Peter Manley

Colin Monk

Wes Newton

Co Stompe

Vincent Van Der Voort

Simon Whitlock

Peter Wright

With the crowds not as lively and big at the Dessert Classic I don't see why Anderson can't make an impact on this tournament.

Will be backing him and Walsh e/w for interest me thinks.

Right. Tonight's games, which are Best of 11 are as follows.

Dennis Priestley vs. Colin Monk

Alan Tabern vs. Wes Newton

Colin Lloyd vs. Peter Wright

Ronnie Baxter vs. Jelle Klaasen

Terry Jenkins vs. Simon Whitlock ( PHWOAR ! )

Phil Taylor vs. Jamie Caven

Wayne Mardle vs. Gary Anderson

John Part vs. Scott Burnett

Tomorrow night ...

Mervyn King vs. Louis Blundell

Andy Hamilton vs. Chris White

Mark Walsh vs. Peter Manley

Colin Osborne vs. Co Stompe

Raymond Van Barneveld vs. Bill Davis

James Wade vs. Phillip Hazel

Adrian Lewis vs. Vincent Van Der Voort ( niiiiice )

Kevin Painter vs. Darin Young

Right, Dennis Priestley just beat Colin Monk 6-1. Not a great match by any stretch of the imagination. I'll be covering the rest in my usual grand style.

ALAN TABERN 3-6 WES NEWTON

180s

Tabern : 1

Newton : 3

Over 40 Checkouts

Tabern : 101

Newton : 90, 60, 68, 60

NOTES

Wes Newton is playing like a possible dark horse at the start of this match. His finishing has been excellent and his scoring hasn't been far worse than that. Alan Tabern did VERY well to win the 4th leg under some major pressure from Newton. Even if Alan Tabern steps his game up in the second half, I don't think he has much of a chance in this one.

Missed that last checkout, as I was a bit disinterested really. Newton was too consistant on his throw to allow Tabern back into the match and Tabern didn't have a look in. Very impressive stuff from Newton.

COLIN LLOYD 3-2 PETER WRIGHT

180s

Lloyd :

Wright :

Over 40 Checkouts

Lloyd : 74, 114, 60

Wright : 84

Colin Lloyd is playing it very steady so far. His scoring's not spectacular but it's not good enough to top the rather mediocre Wright. Wright has stepped things up in the last three legs though so he might well manage to pull something off if he can step his game up to that sort of level consistantly.

Edited by DomDom

Tabern and Anderson double tonight is even money.

Ouch.

Just caught up on the results after getting home from work and I'm surprised at Tabern, he's usually quite solid at these tournaments. Still, pleased for Wes Newton. Been following his career from the start and always good tos ee him in the telly tournaments.

Wes Newton was terrific last night. Tabern stepped it up and was STILL no match for the man. Superb.

Jelle Klaasen was an absolute class act last night as well. He seems to be playing really well. How bad was that guy John Part was playing ? This guy is the North American champ ? These guys are going to be lambs to the slaughter this evening. Simon Whitlock was very disappointing.