Darts...

Sideshow

Watched the final in the boozer last night, was a very enjoyable match as was most ignite tournament. I didn't have high hopes bit seeing the Spanish knocking out England was absolutely brilliant, just magic.

Delighted for the Dutch, the really wanted it and it meant a lot to them.

They realise that they are world champions. No matter what kind of world title it is, it means a fucking lot !

I've NEVER seen Barney celebrate his previous World Title wins like he did last night's victory, which was the point I was trying to make. :)

I voted for mark webster ph34r.gif

only one person you could vote for really,but was i f**k going to vote taylor.Could of gone wade with his grand prix win.But he didnt beat taylor so he didnt deserve to win the tournament huh.gif .These adverts for the worlds hamilton says if you don't beat taylor you can't call yourself a champion.Do you think they believe that or sky make them say it to spice it up ?

These adverts for the worlds hamilton says if you don't beat taylor you can't call yourself a champion.Do you think they believe that or sky make them say it to spice it up ?

I think it's kinda true, in the sense that Taylor is the man to beat.

I voted for mark webster ph34r.gif

only one person you could vote for really,but was i f**k going to vote

taylor.Could of gone wade with his grand prix win.But he didnt beat taylor so he didnt deserve to win the tournament >gif .These adverts for the worlds hamilton says if you don't beat taylor you can't call yourself a champion.Do you think they believe that or sky make them say it to spice it up ?

Yeah I think they would of been told to say it osbourne made me laugh on that promo saying about Taylor winning his 16th title he says "not if I've got anything to do with it! On the beating Taylor thing I think its bullshit you try telling the champion if it's not Taylor that it doesn't count! If u win Wimbledon without playing nadal or federer it wouldn't matter countless other sports u only have to beat who u come up against you don't always have to beat the best!

Yeah.I doubt the hammer would be gutted if he won but didnt beat taylor.

I like nicholson in that advert.Ive worked 25 years to be a world champion.Might put some money on barney and webster.Wonder what alcinas odds will be for him against wade.

Just read that one of the Aussie qualifiers, Rob Modra, is having trouble securing a visa. If he has to pull out then they'll likely give the spot to the highest non-qualifier in the OOM... the beneficiary of this would be none other than Wayne Mardle. We'll see what happens over the next few days.

Zuiderduin masters.

Oshea v Hankey coming up

http://www.rtvnh.nl/live/tv

Ross 'the boss' Montgomery already through to the semis.

Montgomery 3-2 Stuart Kellet

Robbie Green 3-0 Gary Robson

Tony O'shea 3-0 Ted Hankey.

Hankeys lakeside price not looking so good now.Didnt look like he could be arsed for most of that game wink.gif

Edited by F_T_Y

Tony Green won't be commentating at the Lakeside next month, so it'll be Crofty and Vassos Alexander (him off Five Live) who'll be on duty. He is out through illness so I hope that he gets well soon but I really don't want him back in the commentary box as Crofty has been carrying him for a few years now.

Sky have lost a member of their commentary team too as Dave Lanning has apparently retired with immediate effect - they need to bring in a replacement as otherwise it'll mean more airtime for Nigel bloody Pearson. Chris Mason would be ideal.

I want airtime for Stuart Pyke.

I hope that this means the end for Green and this other guy does a good job. Croft himself is probably one of the best if not the best commentator in darts right now.

Pyke is excellent on the darts so, as it stands, we'll have him, Waddell, Gwynne, Studd and Pearson on the commentary team with occasional appearances from Harrington and Bristow (he's pretty good as well, but doesn't seem keen on doing more).

Waddell and Gwynne don't have too long to go so the team needs freshening up as it is. It'll be interesting to see who they hire to fill the gap.

Just to update on Tony Green .. he's going in for surgery on his tongue which is why he's not working at the Lakeside next month.

Oh, and there's another darts episode of Time of our Lives on this week, this time about the 1992 World Final (the best ever BDO final, IMHO). Green, Taylor and Gregory are the guests for that show.

Just read that one of the Aussie qualifiers, Rob Modra, is having trouble securing a visa. If he has to pull out then they'll likely give the spot to the highest non-qualifier in the OOM... the beneficiary of this would be none other than Wayne Mardle. We'll see what happens over the next few days.

They have given his place to Kirk Shepherd

http://www.pdc.tv/page/WorldChampsDetail/0,,10180~2244433,00.html

2011 Ladbrokes.Com PDC World Darts Championship Prediction League

Right folks, I had referenced to this a while ago, just something to add an extra bit of Pie and Bovril 'spice' to the procedings. There is no particular sign up date, you may start predictions at any stage during the tournament, and you won't be penalised for missing out, but you would lose out on gaining potential points!

. For the FIRST ROUND of the World Championship, (16th to 23rd) all predictions have to be either Messaged to me or Posted on the thread before 7PM on each of the nights.

.After a lot of thinking, I've decided that it would probably be best to exclude Preliminary games from this, to save from confusion and a few of the players will be unkown to us.

.However for First Round matches featuring a Preliminary winner, you will post predictions for the two potential fixtures, e.g. Phil Taylor Vs Gary Mawson or Juanito Gionson. These will be posted before the 7PM deadline. HOWEVER, following the conclusion of the respective Prelim match, you may ammend your prediction BEFORE 10PM on each night. Either post this on the thread in a new post, or PM me. This may sound a little daft at first, but It seems to be the best way to ensure that posters who won't be around during each night will not miss out.

Example for First Night:

Paul Nicholson 3-1 Steve Farmer

Steve Beaton 3-1 Mark Hylton

Mark Webster 3-0 Steve Maish

Phil Taylor 3-0 Gary Mawson / 3-0 Juanito Gionson (CAN BE AMMENDED BEFORE 10PM ON EACH NIGHT)

.POINTS SYSTEM

Very simple, you will recieve ONE point for a correct winner, and TWO further points if the score is also correct.

e.g. You Predict, Phil Taylor 3-0 Gary Mawson, but the actual result is 3-1 Taylor, you recieve ONE point.

. As we progress throughout the tournament and the potential winning margin widens, then additional points will be added.

. You CAN post predictions days in advance, but they will still have to conform with the relevant deadlines.

. I will be taking part in this too. But all my predictions will be posted in the thread. (The above example in Bold are my predictions for Thursday night)

I hope this works, and will maybe add a bit of an extra excitment to what will be a great tournament. Please take part, and good luck!

Incidentely, Sid Waddell on Twitter named his top ten players of all time:

(In no particular Order)

Alan Evans

Leighton Rees

Eric Bristow

Jockie Wilson

Bob Anderson

Dennis Priestley

John Part

Phil Taylor

James Wade

Raymond Van Barneveld

What do we think about that? A couple of candidates left out, John Lowe being the most obvious, but that's Sid for you!