Darts...

Sideshow

Slightly behind the times, but Rod Harrington said the other night that he thought Co Stompe was totally unprofessional by laughing during the final leg when he was getting gubbed by Taylor.

I disagree, and think less of Harrington now because of those comments.

What a pile of pish that was tonight full of pub players.

I've always said that the depth of quality isn't as good as the PDC, but latter rounds will see cracking matches. We already have Fitton vs. Whitlock.

I've always said that the depth of quality isn't as good as the PDC, but latter rounds will see cracking matches. We already have Fitton vs. Whitlock.

The PDC has far more strength. Just it sums up the depths the Lakeside has sunk to with guys like Glenn Moody winning matches and that guy averaging 65 on live tv.

Wonder what Bristow will say if Wade goes on to win. He didn't give him a prayer earlier after hearing he'd changed his darts. It's obviously working must've added 20 to his average.

cant believe it's the same player.......... bristow's a fucking tool

tell that to all sky presenters who are saying its the 1st,only darts is pdc,bdo is just pub darts

I'll tell it to whoever you like. I bet the actual commentators weren't saying that. They'd know fine well it isn't.

And the BDO was the one and only world championship when Lim did his.

You know feck all. Here to help. :)

Slightly behind the times, but Rod Harrington said the other night that he thought Co Stompe was totally unprofessional by laughing during the final leg when he was getting gubbed by Taylor.

I disagree, and think less of Harrington now because of those comments.

To be fair I'm not sure I could think any less of Harrington. He's always been an odious arse.

The commentators said it was the first PDC World Championship nine darter which it was.

Just to clarify.

They didn't say that at the time, though. At most, I think they said it was the first 9 darter at the World Championships.

In any case, they're fully aware that Paul Lim done it in 1990 and have mentioned it several times before anyway.

They didn't say that at the time, though. At most, I think they said it was the first 9 darter at the World Championships.

In any case, they're fully aware that Paul Lim done it in 1990 and have mentioned it several times before anyway.

They did. They said THESE World Championships.

Shoot that poison arrow !

PHIL TAYLOR 3-2 MERVYN KING

Set One Score : 3-1

Set Two Score : 3-1

Set Three Score : 3-0

Set Four Score : 1-3

Set Five Score : 2-3

Set Six Score :

Set Seven Score :

Set Eight Score :

NOTES

* It's one of 'em ones when Taylor is going to be unplayable. He's already looking like someone who's simply not going to miss whatever target he aims for.

* Missed the end of that set thanks to making a cup of tea, so missed the over 40 checkouts.

* Screw the checkouts now. I canny be arsed.

* Taylor is pissed off now.

Edited by DomDom

Daryl Fitton IS better than that though. It'll be interesting to see if he can step up his game for the match against Whitlock, because he's going to have to.

Incidentally, I thought the standard from the Wagner/Anderson match that opened things was decent.

Taylor wins 5-2 in the end and I thought was distinctly lukewarm with King at the end. Seemed to be particularly annoyed at the delay King did in the middle of his close attempt at a nine darter right at the end.

Don't know if there was any other atmosphere between them during the game? I was watching the FA Cup highlights on the other side for most of it. Plus a bit of the NFL playoff match.