Darts...

Sideshow

Those averages for Wade ARE decent. Not great, or even good, but decent. They're certainly not poor, which is my next one down.

I'm surprised by those averages for Nicholson. ESPECIALLY for the Priestly match, where he seemed to be very off.

You also have to remember that averages can only get you so far. Just look at Stompe's big result over Taylor for an indication. He was about 13 points behind on the averages. I tend to take averages with a pinch of salt, but those ones for Nicholson surprise me.

Wade HAS had a poor draw ( not for him obviously ), and this one might be his undoing. I hope it is, because I have taken a liking to his opponent.

Those averages for Wade ARE decent. Not great, or even good, but decent. They're certainly not poor, which is my next one down.

All in the eye of the beholder then obviously and it's semantics over the definition but I think an average below 90 is pretty poor for a tournament professional in the latter stages of the tourney.

I do accept that averages are only a guide though and are affected obviously by how quickly you hit your doubles and also how close you actually get in the losing legs.

Fundamentally though the reason I think Wade has been poor in this tournament is that the two games I actually watched he was all over the place and not throwing well at all. He may have kept his average up with the big scores and a few trebles but the consistency of his aim was awful. He may I'll grant you have been much better against Van Der Voort.

If the two players play like they have to date though Nicholson will win. I just don't expect that to happen.

I see the PDC are continuing to follow the WWE model in everything they do - bouncers are ripping up any placards/signs in the crowd that 'may cause offence'. What's the world coming to etc etc .... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Forgot to mention, two potentially great matches on tonight. :P

I think King vs Bates will be better than most expect, not that King will be troubled too much as I reckon he'll take it 5-2. Taylor/Stompe will be a belter. Taylor should go through comfortably. Then again Dudbridge should have beaten Bates ... Lewis should have beaten Nicholson, so anything can happen.

Edited by The Naitch

Taylor

King

Barney

Wade

Personally I'm hoping the other four win. Taylor is bad for darts IMO in that he pumps every c**t and makes it not worth watching as you know what will happen. King is a fucking miserable w****r. Wade nothing really against him he just gets on with the job, but the guy is so boring, motionless. Barney is the best of a bad bunch for me, but because hes been at the top so long as well I think it would be better for the sport if someone like Klaasen got the chance to break out. I tipped Klaasen as my surprise and I'm shocked he hammered (pardon the pun) Andy Hamilton 4-1.

Solid start from Merv so far. 80% checkout rate (yes, I know it's only 4/5), but still decent enough. :P

EDIT: 134 checkout from King to take a 2-0 lead. Looking like a stroll in the park so far...

Edited by The Naitch

Solid start from Merv so far. 80% checkout rate (yes, I know it's only 4/5), but still decent enough. :P

EDIT: 134 checkout from King to take a 2-0 lead. Looking like a stroll in the park so far...

Anything but a stroll now, Barrie fighting back superbly to make it 2-2.

Two set lead established again by Merv, he's 4-2 up. Not sure Bates has much more fight left in him.

EDIT: King wins it 5-2 and sets up a semi-final match between Taylor or Stompe.

Edited by The Naitch

Did someone from the crowd shout "C'mon Fatman" when Taylor was going up to take out a finish. It sounded like that and he was clearly pissed off cos he turned round to the crowd.

Stompe is playing pretty well it's just hard to compete with the Fatman.

Did someone from the crowd shout "C'mon Fatman" when Taylor was going up to take out a finish. It sounded like that and he was clearly pissed off cos he turned round to the crowd.

Stompe is playing pretty well it's just hard to compete with the Fatman.

Groper would be a better shout. :ph34r:

Waddell's description of a growler was extremely bizarre.