Darts...

Sideshow

Horrific change of entrance music from Whitlock. Bring back Inxs now!!

Whats with all the praising of the atmosphere from commentators/players? Its pish! Sadly, it brings in too much money and Hearn wont do the decent thing and put it back in tight, 5000 people max venues which would have an amazing buzz!

Agree on both points.

The old music for Whitlock needs to return sharpish and the O2 may well be the biggest arena they do this season, but it's far from the best.

Agree about the change in walk on music.Terrible !! Also if i was an australian watching that walk on i would be a bit annoyed.So Cheesy

If Whitlock ups his game here taylor is beaten.Never seen him miss so many doubles before.

And get those trumpets to f**k

Agree on both points.

The old music for Whitlock needs to return sharpish and the O2 may well be the biggest arena they do this season, but it's far from the best.

Who's the fanny that gave this post a negative point ?

Who's the fanny that gave this post a negative point ?

Who knows ... it's only the 2nd negative one I've had - but I deserved the other one (mentioned Victoria Wood in the Female Comedians thread :P).

Taylor has got a grip of this game and just secured at least a point.

Agree on both points.

Harsh red dot. Have a green one to cancel it out.

Hardest part of the lie Sid? Do us a favour you Geordie p***k, please kindly f**k off and die in a fire. Thanks.

Hardest part of the lie Sid? Do us a favour you Geordie p***k, please kindly f**k off and die in a fire. Thanks.

He's 70 later this year so I'll put his incessant rambling down to old age. :P

Edited by The Naitch

Beginning to like Merv King nowadays, he is playing some great darts and does not seem to be such a dickhead anymore.

Considering there is meant to be 10,000 in the venue it is pretty subdued compared to past PL nights, not such a bad thing IMO.wink.gif

I'm with you on this one. King will always get booed wherever he goes but he just gets on with it and produces consistent and sometimes exceptional darts which have to be applauded.

Most players would have buckled the way Lewis came out all guns blazing but he just kept playing the board and produced some tremendous out shots.

Decent night of darts but I always find the first night of the PL a little flat, the players need to get themselves in the tournament. Some decent games with Barney getting a great win over Wade (On the shoe front, i'm not certain but i'm sure it's regulation to wear black shoes, maybe the PL doesn't count).

Taylor beat a dissapointing Whitlock, but i'm sure he'll bounce back, and i'm with you on the walk on music, get back New Sensation!

The crowd however spectacular it may be, the smaller venues, even the SECC etc create a far bigger atmosphere. I do recall that Liverpool last year on the first night had a similar problem, 8000 people but was still like McDiarmid Park on a Tuesday evening.

oops.gif That'll be me then!!

Sorry, i was fucking around with the post when i was replying, i did'nt even know what that part was for.

Please don't have me killed.death.gif

Don't worry about it - I hardly pay attention to the points system, that's Kilt's domain... :ph34r:

I have the crucifix at the ready.

:lol: