Darts...

Sideshow

Paul Nicholson is now number 16 in the world. Mervyn King is number four, swapping places with Terry Jenkins. There's other switches, but nothing too big, other than John Part falling a further five places.

That'll see him into the TV tournaments automatically then, which gives him the best possible chance of building on his superb victory at Purfleet.

How long till the next major? The Premier League can't be too far away either.

The game just continues to go from strength to strength and I can't see Taylor being as dominant as he was last year. He could struggle in something like the UK Open as he has before due to the strength of the field now.

I probably love the sport more now than football, that is some major loving!

How long till the next major? The Premier League can't be too far away either.

The game just continues to go from strength to strength and I can't see Taylor being as dominant as he was last year. He could struggle in something like the UK Open as he has before due to the strength of the field now.

I probably love the sport more now than football, that is some major loving!

Premier League starts on Feb 11th and the next big TV tournament is the UK Open at the start of June.

Did the decent players on here all start off taking a lot of darts for the doubles?

Also hitting the 1 and the 5 while going for the 20, and a particular annoyance of mine, aiming for D1 and hitting the T20? :lol:

Maybe not the same, but did everyone start off similar?

Did the decent players on here all start off taking a lot of darts for the doubles?

Also hitting the 1 and the 5 while going for the 20, and a particular annoyance of mine, aiming for D1 and hitting the T20? :lol:

Maybe not the same, but did everyone start off similar?

Still do.

Oh decent players :ph34r:

My first two league games, I hit doubles first time !

Of course, I never EVER did that again, apart from the time tigerton seen me play a doubles match, and I hit my only dart on a double. Good times. Double 7 will haunt me forever. I usually missed about 25 chances at a double.

My first two league games, I hit doubles first time !

Of course, I never EVER did that again, apart from the time tigerton seen me play a doubles match, and I hit my only dart on a double. Good times. Double 7 will haunt me forever. I usually missed about 25 chances at a double.

That made 2 chaps very irritated laugh.gif

Decided against the Scottish Open this year, nobody from my team or any acquaintances from other teams in the league are going due to the Friday/Saturday thing (a ridiculous decision by the hosts). Oh, that and I forgot about it and missed the application date.

Keith Deller is the new manager of Adrian Lewis - now there's a partnership to be feared! :D

Yeah heard that in the new on the wire podcast.

Also on the podcast was harrington saying gary andersons attitude isnt right.And he can see coaches coming into the game.He said that players who throw fast ,klassen vdv van gerwen should slow down.I would think that would make them worse because they have been throwing like that their whole lives.

Gary anderson is doing an exhibition in dundee i might go along to.What happens in exhibitions ?

Yeah heard that in the new on the wire podcast.

Also on the podcast was harrington saying gary andersons attitude isnt right.And he can see coaches coming into the game.He said that players who throw fast ,klassen vdv van gerwen should slow down.I would think that would make them worse because they have been throwing like that their whole lives.

Gary anderson is doing an exhibition in dundee i might go along to.What happens in exhibitions ?

Harrington, fud that he is, does have a good point about Anderson... though he's talking pish when it comes to the likes of Klaasen and van Gerwen - both won major championships throwing like that.

Eddie Cox Memorial Trophy

Quarters

James Wade 6-2 Andy Smith

Wayne Jones 6-5 Mark Dudbridge

Colin Lloyd 6-3 Colin Osborne

Mervyn King 6-4 Jamie Caven

Semis

Wayne Jones 6-5 James Wade

Colin Lloyd 6-2 Mervyn King

Final

Colin Lloyd 6-2 Wayne Jones

Good win for Jaws, carrying on his decent form from last week.

Mark Walsh, Kev McDine, Paul Nicholson, Mark Webster, Steve Beaton, Wayne Mardle and Roland Scholten were all 1st round casualties this time around.