Darts...

Sideshow

Really enjoyed the darts last night, always good to see Soutar do well, an all round good egg.

MvG v Rock was a superb watch, I think I said earlier in the thread that I managed to get Rock to win the worlds months ago at 200/1 and he’s now down to 12/1 in some places, suspect it’ll be MVG or Price that wins it in the end though.

Its an MVG v Price final in this one tooI think, could go either way.

The two quarter finals today were excellent. Shame that Smith v Barney can't be the final.

Seeing Barney's demeanour change as the tournament has gone on has been something else, he will be doing the DVDB dance in the next match.

Box office MVG v boring b*****d Luke humpries will probably be decent too.

Smith is going to lost to the winner of Asp v Souts in the final, isn't he?

• 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Can't really remember what it was like previously tbh but looks a very poor crowd atm for the opening night of the Worlds

My wondering for tonight is I cant understand whether it's the same people every year, who are just so used to singing about the Toure brothers that they can't help themselves, or if there's new folk who watched it last year and went "yeah, I need tickets to go there and sing about the Toure brothers"

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

My wondering for tonight is I cant understand whether it's the same people every year, who are just so used to singing about the Toure brothers that they can't help themselves, or if there's new folk who watched it last year and went "yeah, I need tickets to go there and sing about the Toure brothers"

"Boring Boring Tables" before the tournament even began as well. Honestly, it's beyond a joke now.

The giveaway that no-one is actually paying attention to the actual darts was the complete lack of a "wheyyyyyy" when Mansell scored 26.

Darts was probably one of the few sports that was a much better watch during covid as these dicks weren't there.

I'm also not sure if it's just me, but the close up camera when throwing for D20 looks like it's looking at the screen in the venue rather than the board itself. Which of course it can't be as the screens in the venue take their feed from the same camera, but it 100% looks odd.

Edited by Todd_is_God

10 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

I've never understood why the crowd are still singing about Kolo and Yaya. The atmosphere at this is pretty poor.

Classic example of people just going somewhere as an excuse for a piss up, and doing what they think should be done when doing so.

Boring Tables / Feed the stands / Don't take me home / The Touré stuff etc

Never understood it either, tbh, as it's a relatively expensive night out to just go to sing a few done to death songs and not actually watch much of the darts.