Sideshow

Darts...

Can’t believe Chisnall hasn’t been given a spot in the premier league 
Lot of seethe on Twitter about Rob Cross being in, despite the fact he is currently 4th in the rankings so qualifies automatically

20 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I think it says a lot about the quality of the tournament that Anderson made the final. No doubt he is a brilliant player but he’s been fucked with injuries most of the year and he couldn’t really be arsed playing in most of the tournaments he could have played in, yet he still strolled his was to the final and not even playing that well for the most part.

Exactly. Also, Chisnall and Bunting did well to reach the semi’s but again, the fact they did says a lot about the standard this year.

Apart from this run Chisnall has done nothing this year. Certainly wasn't deserving of a spot. The nine picks make sense so far and they are clearly holding out for Barney which is rather embarrassing. This comeback is going to bomb.

Don't think RVB is going to get the last spot,  he'll be struggling to even get a tour card.

On 04/01/2021 at 00:09, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Exactly. Also, Chisnall and Bunting did well to reach the semi’s but again, the fact they did says a lot about the standard this year.

Chisnall got to the semis after hitting a 107 average against MvG and 101 against Van der Burgh (who hit 102). Dont really understand how that says anything about the standard tbh. 

I thought there were some great matches in the tournaments including all the QF's, Bunting-Price, Huybrechts-White, Cullen-MvG, etc.

Edited by JMDP

Barney knocked out in last 16 on day 1. Still a few days left for him to qualify though. He won 6-1, 6-1, and 6-0 and then lost 6-5. 

I'm surprised he has to qualify when Steve Davis, Jimmy White, Ken Doherty and latterly Stephen Hendry don't, and both sports are run by the same bloke.

On 02/02/2021 at 14:33, Marshmallo said:

Had a wee interest on Dog Mitchell at 11/10 to get a card

Oh yeah!

Cracking day for Alan Soutar. Beats Van Barnevald, Mansell and Bunting to get to the last 32 

Gerywn Price never really got started in his match at the UK Open I watched but didn't need too, still won with a wee bit to spare.

2 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Cracking day for Alan Soutar. Beats Van Barnevald, Mansell and Bunting to get to the last 32 

Even though he's from 'there', he's a good egg. I marked his board at an open once, easiest/fastest chalking gig ever.....

Van Barneveld takes ill at Players Championship. Event suspended. Hope he is ok !