Darts...

Sideshow

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

I've heard the BDO have since sent out details of the reduced prize money for their World Championship competition.

Chairman Des Jacklin has decided that the women losing in the first round of the Ladies' event will be the only ones not affected.

Good news for his wife Paula Jacklin then after her being beaten 0-3, 0-3 and failing to get a dart at a double.

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Being reported as £23k for the mens and £10k for the womans.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/15/bdo-world-championship-prize-money-confirmed-lowest-since-1989-12060830/

I've heard the BDO have since sent out details of the reduced prize money for their World Championship competition.
Chairman Des Jacklin has decided that the women losing in the first round of the Ladies' event will be the only ones not affected.
Good news for his wife Paula Jacklin then after her being beaten 0-3, 0-3 and failing to get a dart at a double.
Nothing suspicious about that decision at all...

6 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Ever get the feeling that folk are being hoodwinked?

That's an absolutely shocking turn of events.

5 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Here's the top end of the UK order of merit after day 3. Paul Nicholson sits just outside it with 7 points, while Fallon Sherrock and Scott Waites only have 2 points each.

20200118_203816.jpeg

With legs won, then leg difference, being tiebreakers this is the OOM...

2124802044_Screenshot2020-01-18at20_46_32.png.51e9d95e7fd0d4163dca190948e6c270.png

Still pretty tight for those on 5/6/7 points going into tomorrow's games.

Scott Waites wins it. Must admit I thought his chance had come and gone a few years ago so fair play to him.
Aye, I'm sure he passed up several chances to have a go because he had a decent paying job. He's got plenty of ability, will be interesting to see how he fares if he can devote more time to it. Surprised he grannied Barry in the final tbh.

Nick Kenny won today's other card, averaging 110..4 as he came back from 2-0 down to win 5-2.

• 2 weeks later...