Sideshow

Darts...

13 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Time for Michael Smith to win a big one.

I take that back...

The BDO World Championship is moving to Indigo at the O2.

For all the flak the Lakeside gets I think it’s a shame it’s no longer going to be held there.

On 02/08/2019 at 17:23, The Naitch said:

The BDO World Championship is moving to Indigo at the O2.

For all the flak the Lakeside gets I think it’s a shame it’s no longer going to be held there.

What’s the Indigo capacity? I know they put on some mid level boxing nights in there but it looks quite small. Guarantee to change the atmosphere as well, possibly for the better. 

Silly question...  I know the boy's a mixture of Joey Barton and Anthony Stokes...  with a wee bit of Benny fae Crossroads, Gripper fae Grange Hill and extras fae "Deliverance" thrown in... but does anyone know what state Corey Cadby's likely to be in over the next three weeks? He's 28/1 with Victor for Brisbane this weekend. 

("Queensland this week, Victoria next week and NZ over the Bank Holiday" is not the correct answer.)

21 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Guarantee to change the atmosphere as well, possibly for the better. 

Have a horrible feeling that the atmosphere will not be changing for the better. Not really surprised by the move though, the Lakeside looked less than half full until the semi finals this year. 

On 06/08/2019 at 21:56, trainspotter said:

Have a horrible feeling that the atmosphere will not be changing for the better. Not really surprised by the move though, the Lakeside looked less than half full until the semi finals this year. 

The Lakeside has well and truly had its day in my opinion. In comparison to the PDC World Champs it looks like it’s been organised with a weeks notice and held in a hotels conference room. 

It’s been batted about several TV stations the past few years as well as more and more people just don’t want to watch it and I can’t blame them, as apart from maybe 3 or 4 players the standard is very poor. I don’t see it working at all as the BDO just don’t have the money or the players to get fans interested. 

Lakeside has had its day, but that was all the BDO had going for it. It had history on its side. Now? Who cares?

Wise decision to hold fire on Cadby. Averaged 87 and was horsed 6-1 by the alleged Hibs fan, who averaged 101.  

Heta and Kyle Anderson the two locals through. Heta averaged 86 but edged past Wade. Big Kyle also averaged 86 in edging Snakebite. 

Edited by Victor von Doom

Big Kyle and Whitlock about to toe the oche. 9/10 the pair.

Heta 8/1 v. the alleged Hibs fan.

Cross 2/7, Barney 3/1.

11/4 Superchin might be value against 3/10 MvG in the last match