Darts...

Sideshow

Betting on Part is never safe. He's just so inconsistant out there. Webster is quite rightly destroying him here. Right, including people who have won, here are the guys I think will make it into the next round.

Simon Whitlock

Mark Webster

Andy Hamilton

Mervyn King

Darryl Fitton

Terry Jenkins

James Wade

Raymond Van Barneveld

Taylor hasn't been playing well, even when he's won, so if Hamilton can play at his best then there's no reason that he can't put him out, and I reckon that he WILL step up his game. King is on a good run of form in the last few months. Not sure why I'm guessing Fitton as that one is sort of a pick 'em. Jenkins has the confidence going into his match. Wade is better than Anderson, but this won't be easy. Anderson can easily take this match. Barney is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR better than Young.

Betting on Part is never safe. He's just so inconsistant out there. Webster is quite rightly destroying him here. Right, including people who have won, here are the guys I think will make it into the next round.

Simon Whitlock

Mark Webster

Andy Hamilton

Mervyn King

Darryl Fitton

Terry Jenkins

James Wade

Raymond Van Barneveld

Taylor hasn't been playing well, even when he's won, so if Hamilton can play at his best then there's no reason that he can't put him out, and I reckon that he WILL step up his game. King is on a good run of form in the last few months. Not sure why I'm guessing Fitton as that one is sort of a pick 'em. Jenkins has the confidence going into his match. Wade is better than Anderson, but this won't be easy. Anderson can easily take this match. Barney is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR better than Young.

Pretty much agree with that except Hamilton. Taylor has him in his back pocket and the Jenkins match gave him a wakeup call.

Thornton I think will have bags of confidence after his comeback, but I think his doubles will cost him (again). Jenkins is far too consistent to not take advantage of Thornton's sloppy doubles.

John Part being completely destroyed by the impressive Webster at the moment. It's been a fairly good tournament for the BDO contingent so far.

Outside of Webster, Anderson, Whitlock and Fitton the BDO is pretty much utter shite. Those 4 are the only ones who could definitely cut it with the big boys and be regulars at the tv tournaments.

Pretty much agree with that except Hamilton. Taylor has him in his back pocket and the Jenkins match gave him a wakeup call.

He SHOULD have been woken up, but did you see how lackluster he was against Van Der Voort ? Jenkins would have beaten him on that sort of form as well. Taylor seems out of sorts and this is the best time to catch him. Hamilton is good enough to take advantage.

Thornton I think will have bags of confidence after his comeback, but I think his doubles will cost him (again). Jenkins is far too consistent to not take advantage of Thornton's sloppy doubles.

Jenkins was looking a bit iffy there for a while, but we seen one of his better performances of the last 12 months as well. Thornton is a shadow of the guy that turned up in Frankfurt.

Outside of Webster, Anderson, Whitlock and Fitton the BDO is pretty much utter shite. Those 4 are the only ones who could definitely cut it with the big boys and be regulars at the tv tournaments.

Scott Waites, Gary Robson and John Walton are all good on their day. Waites did a great job at the UK Open earlier this year just to prove what he can do.

EDIT : Can't believe for the life of me that Hamilton isn't ahead. He's going to be kicking himself if he loses this match.

Edited by DomDom

He SHOULD have been woken up, but did you see how lackluster he was against Van Der Voort ? Jenkins would have beaten him on that sort of form as well. Taylor seems out of sorts and this is the best time to catch him. Hamilton is good enough to take advantage.

Jenkins was looking a bit iffy there for a while, but we seen one of his better performances of the last 12 months as well. Thornton is a shadow of the guy that turned up in Frankfurt.

Scott Waites, Gary Robson and John Walton are all good on their day. Waites did a great job at the UK Open earlier this year just to prove what he can do.

EDIT : Can't believe for the life of me that Hamilton isn't ahead. He's going to be kicking himself if he loses this match.

Scott Waites I was going to mention, however until he does something at one of the big two tournaments I'll count him out. Gary Robson has done nothing of note and would end up outside the top 50 in the PDC. John Walton has done f**k all since winning the two tournaments in one year. He hit a 9 darter at the Masters last year, but his progression in tournaments isn't worth talking about.

At the BDO World Championships next year, I'll be rooting for Mark Barilli who comes from Port Glasgow and who I've played against a few times and got my butt kicked every time, but he's a genuine guy and a good laugh to be around.

Hopefully there will be somebody else I'll be rooting for if he qualifies and thats Paul 'Polly Boy' Handvidge.

John Walton has completely lost consistancy, but that's why I said "on their day". Whether they can step it up or not is another matter. Mervyn King wasn't exactly Mr. Consistancy before he joined the PDC and he isn't exactly playing badly there, so that doesn't mean much. Gary Robson is another one who's pretty steady. God knows why Waites hasn't done better though.

It was nice to see Mark Barilli in the BDO International Open. I'll be rooting for him most definately. Frustrating to watch though. Shot choices are ridiculous.

Best I've seen Jenkins scoring for a long while on TV despite a poor first session he came back strong and won well in the end.

Really looking forward to Anderson/Wade and waiting on the Scotsman for a wee treble up from tonight's games

Edited by Neilly