Darts...

Sideshow

Wasn't able to catch most of the action tonight but thoroughly pleasing to discover Taylor got absolutely destroyed. Will be interesting to read his excuses before next weeks matches.

Otherwise, suppose the lesson from tonight is never count against Barney pulling out the result.

Will record the 1am repeat and catch up with it over the weekend. Will be a highlight of the week seeing MVG's win and always great watching Barney at his best.

A couple of years ago I was playing in the bottom division with a few mates just for the night out. We drew the local prem champions in the cup away and I played particularly well, and beat someone 2-0 in singles and my and a mate beat the same guy and his team mate 2-0 in the doubles.

Afterwards he came over and asked that I go to practice with the town team and offered to give me some pointers as to where I was going wrong. I was rather taken aback that a guy I had just beat was inviting me to go and practice with him so he could offer me tips so I declined.

Turned out he is quite good. He's on Eurosport playing tonight!

Oor Phil is toiling again in the UK Open Qualifier 1 currently 3-0 down to Keegan Brown and averaging 80. Maybe the wee p***k has lost too much weight he certainly looked that way last night.

Bunty has won his first PDC game 6-4 against Jake Padgett averaging 100 and will now meet MVG in Round 2. Welcome to the PDC Bunty. That would be a belter to watch.

Edited by Neilly

Jenkins loves a nine darter! Got my tickets for the Matchplay in July going on the first Sunday, evening session, there were no seating for the Saturday at all. Managed to get them before the 10am sale, had been looking throughout the week and it was letting me purchase tickets, but didn't get paid till Friday.

Taylor, I think, is settling into his new darts. Won the UK Open qualifier today and walloped in a couple of nine darters along the way.

There were 6 nine darters (Taylor x2, Chisnall, Jenkins, Dave Ladley and Dave Pallett) across the three days. Mental standard.

Edited by The Naitch