Darts...

Sideshow

Would be superb if Devon could beat Wade and get in to the Quarters what an achievement that would be.

Not sure how far he needs to go in the tournament to get his tour card as he hasn't played the tour this year to my knowledge.

Just checked the criteria and to get his 2014 tour card would have required him to compete in at least ten events this year.

Looks like he'll have to go to Q-School.

They'd love Petersen in the PL I'm sure, fairly good looking boy with charisma coming out his ears and he's an exciting watch. Almost like a more entertaining Klaasen before it came out that he was a raging beast. I'd guess he'd need to make the last 4 though to have any chance of that.

I think that's a shout actually. Semi finals could see him in the PL. Sky are absolutely wanking over him at the moment.

With Huybrechts, Chizzy etc. having a shit worlds the door is certainly open to get in. I remember Terry Jenks got in a few years back after a run to the semi's despite being fairly shite the rest of the year.

Webster got in on the back of a semi run as well I think!?

I think that's a shout actually. Semi finals could see him in the PL. Sky are absolutely wanking over him at the moment.

With Huybrechts, Chizzy etc. having a shit worlds the door is certainly open to get in. I remember Terry Jenks got in a few years back after a run to the semi's despite being fairly shite the rest of the year.

Webster got in on the back of a semi run as well I think!?

Yeah, the wild cards usually go to someone who does well in the World Champs, see Anderson from a few years back and Webster as well.

Was discussing the PL with a mate on Tuesday night. Obviously dependent on how the top half of this draw goes this week.

Top 4: Taylor, MVG, Lewis, Whitlock (probably)

Near certainties: Barney, Wade

Probables: Thornton, Anderson

That'd leave two spots. I'd guess Newton and one of Chisnall/Huybrechts getting a reprieve. My mate thinks Wright is a stick on but I don't see it. Pipe needs a top 4 spot to ever have a chance I'd say. Painter could be a shout if he beats Whitlock today. Hamilton doubtful, he's not really a draw and has had a poor year. Webster was a PL disaster. Nicholson has fallen to bits. If Petersen beats Wade he could get a shot.

Was discussing the PL with a mate on Tuesday night. Obviously dependent on how the top half of this draw goes this week.

That'd leave two spots. I'd guess Newton and one of Chisnall/Huybrechts getting a reprieve. My mate thinks Wright is a stick on but I don't see it. Pipe needs a top 4 spot to ever have a chance I'd say. Painter could be a shout if he beats Whitlock today. Hamilton doubtful, he's not really a draw and has had a poor year. Webster was a PL disaster. Nicholson has fallen to bits. If Petersen beats Wade he could get a shot.

Should say - I didn't mention King as I expect him to lose to Lewis and I don't think Sky would consider him. He'd definitely be in my 10.

As for Thornton today, Newton is the most underrated player in the world but still hugely disappointing. Big opportunity missed this year.

The six of Taylor, Lewis, MVG, Whitlock, Wade and Barney are nailed on regardless of his top four by the end of the tournament.

There is likely to be a Scot of course not so sure there will be two this year (I don't include Wright as "Scottish"). Thornton got in on the back of the UK Open win and has just went out at the worlds so not sure about him and Ando always seems to get the 'Scottish pick' regardless as he is a notorious 180 hitter even though that really isn't the case these days compared to 3-4 years ago.

Wright I would fancy to get to the semi's now if not the final so I think there is a good chance he is going to be there. He actually has the personality of a sandle but because he dresses like a fud that will go in his favour. He's also likes to talk the talk he's already saying in the media there is no chance Smith can beat him and he was calling out MVG last year, Sky love all that.

Huybrechts could well get a reprieve after winning the Dutch Masters and being a 180 hitter. Chisnall as far as I'm concerned is out if he had put up a fight in Dublin then fair enough but the way he bent over for Taylor was embarrassing I don't want him in now.

Petersen has a great chance if he can get past Wade for sure I would like to see him there top guy who just has charisma in bucket loads but I fear he would get thumped most weeks but I doubt he would care much who would have thought we would even be having this thought before this tournament started?

Something like this would be fresh

Taylor

MVG

Lewis

Whitlock

Wade

Barney

Anderson

Wright

Huybrechts

Petersen

but it's really just conjecture as anyone could come from the other side and get into the final (I think it will be Wright but really it's pretty open so Burnett, White, Painter etc. will fancy their chances).

edit forgot about Merv King but as well as he is playing and how amazing his throw is I'm not sure he can get past Lewis thus ruling him out. If he gets through then he's a massive contender.

Fascinating stuff. Basically I don't have a fucking clue who's going to be in.

Edited by Neilly

What I think it will be:

Taylor

MVG

Lewis

Whitlock

Barney

Wade

Anderson

Thornton

Wright

Newton

What I'd like it to be:

Taylor

MVG

Lewis

Whitlock

Barney

Wade

Anderson

Thornton/Evans

Wright

Petersen

Would hate it if Pipe snuck in, really boring to watch. Would like to see the introduction of Wright, Petersen and Evans, obviously to get all 3 in you'd have to lose either Anderson or Thornton.