Michael van Gerwen vs Colin Lloyd

Kim Huybrechts vs Peter Wright

Wes Newton vs Jamie Caven

Dave Chisnall vs Paul Nicholson

Andy Hamilton vs Ronnie Baxter

Robert Thornton vs Ian White

Adrian Lewis vs Ronny Huybrechts

Brendan Dolan vs Steve Beaton

It's a superb draw some absolutely unbelievable games for 1st round. King/Ando and Whitlock/Paedo Darter are the picks for me going to be so easy on the eye those two.

They're my picks too, going to the last of the first rounds on the Monday, looked online and still tickets for the Tuesday (second round) so might see if they're still available when im down, staying for the whole week, so could be at the darts for a few nights!

Anyone been watching the '20 years of Blackpool' programmes on Sky Sports? Some of the promos they had during those early years were fun. My particular favourite is from our beloved Rod Harrington - known back in the day as 'Mr. Accuracy'. Yes, really.

Bravedart's Mission Impossible sketch was good too. Would love to see Jamie Harvey back on the big stage - pity his ill health has put paid to that.

Aye the promos were superb. Seen one with Alex Roy and Shayne Burgess as well f**k knows what was going on there.

Was quite mental to see just how different Taylors throw and darts are these days to back then.

Buzzing beyond belief for it noo likesy!

Aye the promos were superb. Seen one with Alex Roy and Shayne Burgess as well f**k knows what was going on there.

Was quite mental to see just how different Taylors throw and darts are these days to back then.

Buzzing beyond belief for it noo likesy!

Roy and Burgess chasing after Taylor with The Professionals theme tune in the background was a wee bit different, that's for sure!

I'm really looking forward to this - the Matchplay is just that bit special. Everything about it is just brilliant.

Winner of this most likely plays taylor.Just stuck a tenner on Taylor outright,only takes mvg to get beat,lewis is still in his pocket.

tenner on no nine darter.

Odds on for a nine darter is pretty mad.

Was out last night so only just caught up on the first night of matches - disappointed that Part didn't quite have enough to get past Wade. Part's done well to get his game back on track in the last couple of years but he's lot a bit of that momentum in the last 8/10 months.

As for today Mark Webster had done his ankle ligaments in playing football but he's still going ahead with his game against Pipe. Webby has been off the boil big time for a while now but Pipe has been a bit off as well lately. I fancy Webby to nick that one.

Going from Mardle's comments I'm guessing he's completely forgotten about Whitlock playing through a similar injury at the Worlds.

EDIT: Oh, he's changed his tune ever so slightly now that he's been reminded about that.

Edited by The Naitch