Darts...

Sideshow

Looking forward to barney v smith tonight.Not expecting much from the other games.

It should be a good match, but I think Barney will win that 3-1/3-0. Apart from Burnett vs Hubbard there's not been any really decent matches so far, this tournament hasn't got going yet.

He's been to major semis on more than one occasion, not exactly a jobber.

81 average ffs. Lewis will beat him with another 83 average performance.

Edited by MTJ

Quality ranting from Part. He has a point though - where's his bloody mural?!

Indeed. They should all be up there. Respects the former champions of the event, and appreciates the history. But, it all once again illustrates that they only really seem to care about the regular Premier League players. Disappointing attitude towards John and Dennis.

I did like the 'Wall of Champions' they had at the first Ally Pally Worlds. On the other side of the arena, before they added the seating to that side. It looked very classy.

We're getting to that time of night that used to be occupied by the likes of Dave Askew.

Had to love the late-night matches with Diamond Dave! Those were always games for the purists...

This tournament hasn't got going yet.

It never really does until the 2nd Round. Unless we have the good draw (King v Winstanley) or a big name struggles. But I think we'll see a few decent matches before Thursday, when the Championship really gets underway.

Ovens for my money has had one good performance at the UK Open, made the semis and pushed Taylor. Hes had a couple of jammy draws too and when I was there this year he was rubbish but was lucky enough to avoid playing on the stage until he met another jobber in Caven, then Taylor thrashed him.

Heres his WC record btw, its rubbish.

BDO

2000: First Round (lost to Bobby George 0-3)

PDC

2001: First Round (lost to Les Fitton 1-3)

2002: Second Round (lost to Richie Burnett 4-6)

2003: Third Round (lost to Dennis Smith 1-5)

2004: Third Round (lost to Alex Roy 3-4)

2005: Quarter-Finals (lost to Mark Dudbridge 3-5)

2006: Second Round (lost to Steve Alker 1-4)

2007: Second Round (lost to Alan Tabern 3-4)

2008: Second Round (lost to Jan van der Rassel 1-4)

2009: Second Round (lost to Ronnie Baxter 1-4)

2010: Second Round (lost to Colin Lloyd 3-4)

2011: Second Round (lost to Simon Whitlock 0-4)

2012: First Round (withdrew due to injury while trailing Kevin Munch 1-0)

Does Dolan need to raise his eye brows after every shot? So patronising. He's doing by tits in tonight the big, forearmed p***k.

Not as annoying as when he sticks out his tongue when he releases a dart.

Only had one eye on the darts tonight as I've been busy this evening, but should be able to watch the rest of the action. Hamilton has recovered well in this set to level things up.

Not as annoying as when he sticks out his tongue when he releases a dart.

I don't mind that one as much. It's like one of them things you don't realise you're doing. Who's the guy that pure opens the mouth in a weird way when throwing?

Kist? Colin Monk used to do it as well I think.

Another turgid affair this both players are playing pretty poorly.

Quite impressed with the Finnish lad (who won) but really Anderson SHOULD beat him without too much fuss.

I hope Barney or Ando can put in a performance this 1st round has been torture so far.

Well maybe not torture as I keep watching it :lol:

Maybe you're just a glutton for punishment. :P

I'm hoping that Barney and Ando produce the goods too just so that it's not a totally wasted night - I've recorded SPOTY anyway so will watch that afterwards.