Darts...

Sideshow

He looked much more like a world #2 than ever though. Taylor was excellent tonight and the vast majority, if not pretty much everyone else, would have been able to keep up. I think Wade deserves a LOT of credit.

I think Wade deserves a LOT of credit.

Amen to that, great showing from The Machine.

On a side note, the missus is wondering what the song played on the end credits was. Can anyone help?

He looked much more like a world #2 than ever though. Taylor was excellent tonight and the vast majority, if not pretty much everyone else, would have been able to keep up. I think Wade deserves a LOT of credit.

Was Taylor excellent though? I don't really agree with that at all if he was excellent then Wade would never have stayed with him. Taylor was below part which made it a decent enough match in terms of Wade staying with Taylor.

• 2 weeks later...

Fucking hell, that's absolutely shite news. Sid Waddell is the voice of darts, when I got into the sport he was one of the defining aspects that hooked me. I didn't always he agree with his opinions at times but he had an unbelievable passion for the sport which should be admired and respected. One of the most knowledgeable commentators I've seen in any sport. He'll be missed.

It was his birthday just a couple of days ago as well.

As Marshmallo alluded to, he was the undisputed voice of darts. There from the start when him and Dave Lanning produced the Indoor League on ITV right through to the mammoth sport it is today.

I genuinely thought he was on the road to recovery when he made those Premier League appearances but the chemo can only do so much sometimes.

I have to admit he grated on me these days but much like Mallo when I was younger I loved the guy and was part of the reason I got hooked on darts.

There can be no doubt about his passion for the game he fucking loved darts.

RIP Sidney

The Taylor wankathons got on my nerves, but even in the latter days he still hit out with some funny and witty one liners. He had a huge passion for the game and no doubt got many people watching in the first place with his different style of commentary. A big character and definite loss.