Darts...

Sideshow

I'd love van Gerwen to be in it. He could cause some damage too.

My prediction:

Taylor

Lewis

Wade

Anderson

Whitlock

Barney

Nicholson

Hamilton

Nobody seems to be talking about Webster, despite making at least the quarters in every tv tournament this year. The Worlds has obviously done some damage and he probably won't be in now. Newton too, but he's boring and a twat anyway.

The line up for the Premier league is as follows:

Phil Taylor

Adrian Lewis

James Wade

Gary Anderson

Simon Whitlock

Andy Hamilton

Kevin Painter

And..Raymond Barnevald

Sounds pretty good to me, would have preferred Nicholson to Barney though. He isn't the best tbh but he would have stirred things up!

Edited by black and gold army

The line up for the Premier league is as follows:

Phil Taylor

Adrian Lewis

James Wade

Gary Anderson

Simon Whitlock

Andy Hamilton

Kevin Painter

And..Raymond Barnevald

Sounds pretty good to me, would have preferred Nicholson to Barney though. He isn't the best tbh but he would have stirred things up!

Barney was a certainty due to his nationality. Newton`s blow-up against Pipe has cost him a place(good).

Really poor decision to stick Barney in - he could do with a break from the sport for a few months and this would have been the perfect chance. Happy that Painter and Hamilton have been chosen, though.

All to do with the atmosphere he brings to the PL, and the fact he`s Dutch. Had he been English, no chance he`d have made it.

All to do with the atmosphere he brings to the PL, and the fact he`s Dutch. Had he been English, no chance he`d have made it.

All the atmosphere he'll bring is during the walk on and maybe during the first leg and a half. Otherwise Barney offers nowt - I appreciate that the PL is just a glorified exhibition tour but seeing Barney toil and look miserable isn't my idea of entertainment.

Some folk on here suggested giving the likes of van der Voort or even van Gerwen a chance to 'represent' Holland. That would have been much better and would have made the league stage a bit more competitive.

You never know barney might go back to his old darts which won him his last world title come every week with 100+ averages maybe a couple of 9 darters just for the hell of it........ This I give 1% the other 99 is on moaping about like a bitch shaking his head and getting pumped most weeks of at least the top 4! But you never know

I have no idea how Nicholson can feel hard done by or indeed 'spewing' his darts have been on the while SHITE this year and he made a complete embarrassment of himself last week. Barry Hearn isn't going to look too fondly on folk who spit the dummy like him and Newton have done in the Worlds.

Can't argue with the line up apart from Barney but he was always going to be in sadly.

Not the most exciting line up in the world but cant really complain apart from Barney, as already mentioned.

Webster should really be in it to be honest.

Nicholson shouldnt be anywhere near!

Interesting to see how Hamilton does, I reckon he will get pumped most weeks but you never know.

Paul Nicholson has become a laughing stock at the World Championship Darts after blaming his defeat on his opponent's girlfriend.

Kim Huybrechts beat Nicholson 4-1 in the last 16 of the tournament at Alexandra Palace, a result which Nicholson put solely down to the damage to his concentration caused by the crowd's raucous reaction to the presence of Dana Verhaegen.

TV cameras continually cut to the shapely Verhaegen - a world-class darts player in her own right - to show her reaction at key moments during the match, and every time her face appeared on the giant screens the inebriated crowd went crazy with a chorus of cheers and wolf whistles.

"There's only one reason why I lost that match — and she was sitting right in the front row," fumed Nicholson.

"If she had not been in that crowd, I swear to God I would have won... Trust me, the most important thing in that match was her. I wanted to win it so badly, but nobody on the planet can play in that situation."

"I've got nothing against Kim, he played better than me, but the crowd were more interested in his girlfriend than the darts."

Nicholson's complaint was rejected by the PDC, but the livid ninth seed insisted that he will no longer take any nonsense from spectators.

"I just didn't have the crowd's respect — and quite frankly, I don't want it any more," he said."The next time I win a tournament on television, I'm going to give them the two fingers up and I'll take the fine."

He is one of my favourite players, but I can't help but feel he's making an arse of himself herelaugh.gif

As many have already mentioned you can not argue with the players selected other than Barney. Hopefully Barney repays the faith the PDC have in him and he starts to play well again that must be about 4 years he has won nothing. I am not sure if I will go up to Aberdeen now as Hamilton will drop his form and Painter is a unpredictable type player.

When does the fixtures come out?

As many have already mentioned you can not argue with the players selected other than Barney. Hopefully Barney repays the faith the PDC have in him and he starts to play well again that must be about 4 years he has won nothing. I am not sure if I will go up to Aberdeen now as Hamilton will drop his form and Painter is a unpredictable type player.

When does the fixtures come out?

I think they are out, check the PDC website.

My brother has tickets for Manchester which I think is first up at the start of next month.

I think they are out, check the PDC website.

My brother has tickets for Manchester which I think is first up at the start of next month.

The venues have been confirmed, but not the fixtures (i.e. who's playing who and where). They'll probably release the fixture schedules in the next week or so.