Darts...

Sideshow

I'm not sure about Jenkins above Rand. I dunno why, but I always feel that Jenkins just doesn't have what it takes. He's another one where I just write him off. 500/1 might be a BIT harsh on Petersen. :lol: Part above Huybrechts though. What fucking gives?!

I'm not sure about Jenkins above Rand. I dunno why, but I always feel that Jenkins just doesn't have what it takes. He's another one where I just write him off. 500/1 might be a BIT harsh on Petersen. :lol: Part above Huybrechts though. What fucking gives?!

It's probably because Rand could meet Anderson in Round 3, before a potential meeting with King, van Gerwen, Whitlock or Beaton. Jenkins doesn't seem to maintain a high enough standard in matches. He tends to play very well for a period, but rather than having a slight dip, his form tends to leave him particularly towards the latter half of matches.

I'm absolutely amazed by the Huybrechts odds. Pretty tempting it must be said...

Edited by Davis Love III

It's probably because Rand could meet Anderson in Round 3, before a potential meeting with King, van Gerwen, Whitlock or Beaton. Jenkins doesn't seem to maintain a high enough standard in matches. He tends to play very well for a period, but rather than having a slight dip, his form tends to leave him particularly towards the latter half of matches.

I'm absolutely amazed by the Huybrechts odds. Pretty tempting it must be said...

Think thats amazing? Huybrechts is 66/1 with Betfred and 365.

Latest Tournament Winner Odds from Ladbrokes

Gary Anderson 7/2

James Wade 9/2

Adrian Lewis 5/1

Simon Whitlock 8/1

Dave Chisnall 8/1

Paul Nicholson 10/1

Kevin Painter 16/1

Mervyn King 20/1

Terry Jenkins 22/1

Scott Rand 28/1

Andy Hamilton 33/1

John Part 33/1

Justin Pipe 33/1

Kim Huybrechts 33/1

Colin Lloyd 80/1

Michael van Gerwen 80/1

Wayne Jones 100/1

Steve Beaton 150/1

Steve Farmer 200/1

Devon Petersen 500/1

I took Wade at 12/1 and Nicholson at 50/1 before the tournamentsmile.gif

Watching this on some seedy stream at work and it's an absolute belter certainly up there with the best in the tournament so far.

The flow of the game is just magical no fucking about on either side and battering in the scores and big finishes. King will need to go some to get back into this though.

van Gerwen finally coming of age.

Great darts from van Gerwin, two 180's in the crucial last leg. Great bottle.

Next up Whitlock v Beaton, could be equally as good a game, Beaton is a very steady player. Fancy Whitlock to come through it though the way he played in the first round and the determination he has to do well here (aswell as the motivation of defending a huge sum of money from 2010, would hurt his ranking a lot if he doesn't do well here).

Whitlock vs. van Gerwin in the last 16 could be a high scoring encounter. Wonder how Whitlock's ankle would hold up with the pace van Gerwin plays at, wouldn't get much rest time.

van Gerwen, after a fantastic performance, is through to the 3rd Round and will meet either Simon Whitlock or Steve Beaton. With Mighty Mike in this sort of form, this potential meeting is not a pleasant proposition for those two.

Incidentely, I'm really looking forward to the Lloyd vs Rand game later in the afternoon. Not 100% sure why, but I've got a feeling it could be a cracker!

Edited by Davis Love III

Next up Whitlock v Beaton, could be equally as good a game, Beaton is a very steady player. Fancy Whitlock to come through it though the way he played in the first round and the determination he has to do well here (aswell as the motivation of defending a huge sum of money from 2010, would hurt his ranking a lot if he doesn't do well here).

He's currently projected to be 6th in the Rankings, so it isn't a disaster so far for him. A Quarter Final spot would take him above Wes Newton in 5th, but only a win would give him a chance of overcoming Lewis, Wade and Anderson.