Darts...

Sideshow

The PDC stopped inviting him two years ago, so he hasn't had the chance to decline.

Fair enough, i don't blame them not giving him the opportunity to turn it down due to his undying love for the BDO, (what a guy!)

The original point still stands though, he is a fucking bellend (IMO) :lol:

Sometimes Anderson will turn up and hit a 105+ average and other times he will be utter stinking and go out of tournaments early he's always been like that and I don't see much changing. People are being too dismissive of him to win a major though he has plenty of time and of course the talent to do it.

He sold his pub to concentrate fully on his darts so I don't think it's a case of him not being bothered with darts or that he doesn't really like it. He just seems to me that he won't let a defeat get to him in the way that it would other people but I think that's just his nature and realises there is more important things in life than arras. It's kind of like when your football team gets beat at the weekend you will have some fans that it will put them in a mood all weekend and others who forget about it after 5 minutes of full time, it doesn't make them any less passionate.

Regarding Huybrechts being a top 16 player he has a long way to go and everyone in the top 64 of the PDC should be aiming for the top 16 such is the talent in depth these days.

Great post. In Scotland we are far too down on our sportsmen. Anderson is obviously a loose cannon but he's a genuinely world class player at his game. We don't have many of that standard and we're too quick to get a kick in when they are down.

Edited by Andyboy

There is loyalty & then there is blind loyalty, neither he nor the BDO are gaining anything from him not attending, quite the opposite really.

If Adams was to win the Grand Slam, (he is the world champ after all), then that would be major kudos for the BDO, as he has stated he has no intention of leaving them they don't need to worry about him making a switch.

Is it more the fact that he doesn't think he has the game to win it? surely not.

The man has huge talent and could have been very comfortable by now if he had switched a few years back.

Is he maybe maneouvering himself into position to take over from Croft when he finally pegs it? I cant fathom out any other reason for denying himself and his family the best possible opportunity to earn top dollar from his undoubted skill.:blink:

I was reading a report from the first year of the grand slam in 2007 and apparently in the build up to that he was initially all for playing in it here is the quote.....

Adams told BBC Sport: "My loyalty is to the BDO, but as long as it is happy I don't see why I couldn't take part. "If I did, if shouldn't be construed by anyone as me joining the PDC because that is something I would never do."

Sounds to me that Olly squeezed his balls a bit and suddenly it was a shit idea to attend!!:P

The thing with Adams is that he has played in PDC tournaments before, and with relative success as well - he got to the last four of the Matchplay and the quarters of the Grand Prix in 2001. It has to be the fact that he's heir to the BDO throne that's put him off in recent years.

Adams does have the game, but it's understandable that folk think he doesn't because he has backed out of these cross promotion tournaments in recent years.

Hope hankey ignores the idiots in the crowd and turns up again.He was class last year.Beat taylor,funny how no one on sky mentions that when they are going on about his losing streak.

That's a fair shout, i had forgotton all about that, and i don't even work for SKY!:P

Seems that Olly Croft has officially been voted off the BDO board with the new incumbent including Martin Adams.

With Croft finally out of the way it might give the BDO a chance to embrace change for the better of the organisation.

Edited by The Naitch

See if Hankey was in the PDC, I think the crowd would grow to like him with his gimmick and that.

Wolfie is a p***k, but hes not stupid, he realises the 100 grand he picks up at Lakeside every year and whatever else he earns playing the BDO tour is a lot more than he'd ever earn playing the PDC circuit in an average year.

His shite about equalling Bristow is a joke, I really hope Lewis destroys him and the crowd give him dogs abuse.

Wolfie is a p***k, but hes not stupid, he realises the 100 grand he picks up at Lakeside every year and whatever else he earns playing the BDO tour is a lot more than he'd ever earn playing the PDC circuit in an average year.

You're probably right. I've always thought he'd do quite well on the PDC tour, but the constant majors he wins in the BDO probably manage to trump it.

Seems that Olly Croft has officially been voted off the BDO board with the new incumbent including Martin Adams.

With Croft finally out of the way it might give the BDO a chance to embrace change for the better of the organisation.

So this is who has taken over from Croft?

Hopefully this will open things up within the BDO and they can drag themselves into the 21st century, it would be good if we had a decent second force in darts, continuing the county & youth scene's and hopefully getting more TV interest for the BDO.

The next couple of years should be interesting.

See if Hankey was in the PDC, I think the crowd would grow to like him with his gimmick and that.

His shite about equalling Bristow is a joke, I really hope Lewis destroys him and the crowd give him dogs abuse.

Hankey would be a dream ticket for the PDC, he is the type of character they would thrive on. He constantly looks as if he is ready to explode with the crowd, which in turn makes them try to wind him up more.

Depending on what becomes of this regime change in the BDO it would be good to see Hankey switching, but i can't see it happening any time soon.

I hope Adams being on the board now is not going to throw a spanner in the works of any progress because he seems to be as stuck in the past as Croft was with a major dislike of all things PDC.

• 3 weeks later...

John Part continued his fine return to form on the circuit this year with a 3rd Tour title of the year in Canada yesterday!

Fourth Round

Wes Newton 6-3 Bruce Davey

Justin Pipe 6-3 Alan Tabern

Steve Beaton 6-4 Ronnie Baxter

Denis Ovens 6-1 Steve Maish

Peter Wright 6-5 Simon Whitlock

John Part 6-2 Kevin Painter

Colin Lloyd 6-4 Jelle Klaasen

Jamie Caven 6-5 Andy Hamilton

Losers £600

Quarter-Finals

Wes Newton 6-5 Justin Pipe

Denis Ovens 6-2 Steve Beaton

John Part 6-4 Peter Wright

Jamie Caven 6-2 Colin Lloyd

Losers £1,000

Semi-Finals

Wes Newton 6-3 Denis Ovens

John Part 6-4 Jamie Caven

Losers £2,000

Final

John Part 6-4 Wes Newton

Runner-Up £3,000

Winner £6,000

Pub darts from the BDO returns on ESPN on Friday with the Masters. Will anyone be watching?

I'm on the backshift on Friday night so I'll miss it. In fact I'll probably only see Saturday night's action as I'm at Hampden on Saturday afternoon, NDP on Sunday afternoon and out on Sunday night.

I'm predicting Adams to pick up yet another major with Trina beating Colin Lloyd's ex in the women's final.

Edited by The Naitch